Pendant (Modern! Undertaker)

Please read the note at the bottom!

And I'm sorry but goddamn that is one hell of a picture. Isn't he sexy af?

❤ Valentine's day special ❤

The bar was starting to get a little crowded, but you didn't mind.

Being surrounded by loud music and hot bodies pressed together on the small dancefloor sounded like a nightmare to most, but a strange reprieve for you. It allowed your mind to drift elsewhere, and far away from the metal hanging around your neck.

In an unconscious gesture, your hand reached up to grab at the pendant hanging around your neck. It was a small thing, a half of another, though that half had never been found. Part of you had always yearned for it, as everyone always said that it somehow found its way to your soulmate.

You snorted derisevly, taking a swig of your coke (you never drank much when you were alone in a bar), some soulmate. Being alone on Valentine's Day was bittersweet for you, but that didn't mean you were going to get wasted.

Well, this time around anyway.

From your place near the back of the bar, you witnessed a young man with curious long silvery grey hair pulled back in a ponytail walk in and go straight to the bar, his bright green eyes flitting to yours. You inhaled sharply when he smiled, and relaxed only when he looked away to order his drink.

You dragged your eyes away, staring instead at your drink. Who was he? Why had he looked at you of all people? Why had he smiled? What was he doing? What--

"Mind if I sit here?" Your gaze snapped up to the stranger, two drinks in his hands as he sat opposite you. He placed a fresh coke before you and took a sip of what seemed to be water, his eyes never leaving yours.

"Uhm, no?" It came out as more of a question, and the mysterious guy before you smiled softly at it.

"Don't worry about me," he said lightly. "I'm not nearly as dangerous as I look." His words were meant to comfort, but you saw the malice behind them. You weren't stupid, you had done your research.

Who else had eyes that strange colour? Who else had eyes that old? Who else wore black like that? Who else carried strange weapons in his clothing?

You smirked, pushing away your drink and standing up. He looked at you with confusion and a tiny hint of panic in his face as you began to walk away, throwing a quick parting over your shoulder:

"Please, I know better than to dally with reapers, Adrien."

*****

Ronald sighed as he walked over to Undertaker, the reaper staring at his drink with confusion.

"You should have known it wouldn't work out, man." The blonde said, sitting down with his drink. Undertaker nodded, finishing his drink.

"It's okay," he said softly as he stood. "I'll continue watching over her, continue protecting her. If she doesn't want to be with me, then I can still watch over her." Ronald nodded, his green eyes trained unnervingly on the grim reaper.

"Just be careful, Adrian," the grim reaper turned sharply at the mention of his old name. "That can be a pretty dark grave to fall into, and not an easy one to climb out of." With that, the young blonde disappeared, leaving the grim reaper to make his way back to the rooftops, where he could continue watching you.

In an unconscious gesture, he reached up to the small pendent hanging around his neck. A strange little woman gave it to him, saying it bound him to his soulmate, his one true love. He had scoffed at that, laughed in her face, hiding his pain behind a smile.

"Sure," he'd said. "Of course I have a soulmate." The strange woman had merely chuckled and walked away, leaving the grim reaper to ponder her words.

Now, when he had found his soulmate, she had done her homework, and knew the power he held, the danger he seemed to carry.

Maybe she was right... Maybe he should stay away from her, so she would be safer...

He sighed and continued watching his soulmate, watching as she simply laid on her bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, blinking periodically. Then, she suddenly sat up and walked to the front window in her little flat, opening it and leaning out, her eyes darting straight to where he sat.

"Hey," she said with a smile. "Aren't you cold up there? Come on in, I'll make us some tea."

*****

Hey guys, this is a pretty important note, so please read it!

I asked for requests, but so far (Feb 6th) I only have about 3, so because if that, I'll post scenarios for each request. It'll take me a while, but I'll get them finished soon enough.

If I get any more requests, then I will naturally build them in somewhere, but I honestly can't see that, but that's okay, I'm happy enough to write whatever comes to mind if it makes you guys happy.

Anyways, have a good time, okay? And don't forget I'm always here for you guys, my little kuroshits.

Until the next time,
Farewell my lord/lady/friend