Silence

Silence hung heavy around you, suffocating you, grabbing at your mind, tearing at it, enticing tears from you, screaming at you. It stayed like a disease that wouldnt leave, that would take the lives of everything around you, leaving only empty corpses to keep you company through the long days and nights.

In fact, it did. Bodies surrounded you, blood slowly seeping into your clithes as your body sat, slumped, on the floor. You were completely unresponsive, just staring at the dead eyes that stared back at you, reflecting the pain that flashed through your once happy eyes.

Life had once been abundant here, people milling around you... but now that had been ruined, all these lives taken away by the demon who stood in the doorway, icy blue eyes watching you coldly, waiting for you to make a move, a breath, a blink, anything.

Even though you had loved him, even though yiu would have done anything for him, even though you had gladly said yes to that ring... the ring that had controlled you... made you... made you... made you a monster.

Now blood was coating your hands, your face, hair, clothes, arms, feet, fingers, everywhere it was everywhere it wouldnt go away. Why wouldnt it go away? The scent of metal was disgusting. The sight of red was sickening. The smell of decomposing bodies was vomit-inducing.

Could you have done this? Who knew. You hadnt been yourself. The entire thing was a blur. Just... blood. Screams. Pleads. Blood. Blood. So much blood. Why was there so much blood? Why? Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop!

Even so, the silence remained.

***

Short, murderous, and apparently insane.

Anyone figure out the little easter egg in this oneshot? I'll give you a clue: theres a reason its so short.