43. Whos that?

Vote pls I beg

As I bring myself to get up off the wall and go somewhere else I see a figure from the corner of my eye jogging over to me.
As an instinct I jump back terrified until I realize who the tall person is walking towards me.
"Joe" I whisper running up to him and hugging him, letting the tears fall again. He hugs back as much as he can in his tight denim shirt. He lays his head on top of mine and rubs my back.
"I need you to go back in there. You may not want to but you're only here for a limited amount of time.. And I know you, you'll regret not spending all your free time with them" he says hugging me tighter, not even bothering to explain why he's here in the first place.
He starts to let go but I grab his shirt to tell him not to. He backs away more but I still hold onto his shirt as I look up at him, still not ready to let go.
He looks behind me and tries to remove my hands from his shirt but I only strengthen my grip.
"Lace?" A familiar Australian accent says, echoing through my ears. I let go of joes shirt and turn to him, my heart beating out of my chest. He looks at Joe and gives him a polite smile but I feel the tension within his manners towards the boy. I see his heart breaking at the fact that I was holding onto somebody else other than him, I see his eyes lose their spark towards me and droop instead. I see his fake smile and I reach for his hand. His hand shakes as our fingers touch before intertwining slowly, and carefully.
He looks at Joe again and I decide to speak "Luke.. I love you too" and at those words the spark behind his eyes comes back a little, but not all the way for some reason. I walk closer and finish my sentence "but you know I can't be with you.. Not until I come back here for good at least" he nods and holds my other hand
"When I hold you it feels like home" he squeaks out in a broken voice refusing to look at me but at our hands instead. I've never seen him like this, so broken and hurt, so unmotivated to even live anymore I can't stand it. I hug him and he hugs back just as fast. I think to myself to just forgive him, stay here, forget about everything in California, but I can't. I won't do that to myself. I hear him let out a little whimper and I let go in attempt to not make things worse. I look at Joe who looks sad for some reason and I hold lukes hand "I'll come back but let's talk later okay?" He nods and glances at Joe before making his way back inside.
I motion for Joe to follow me and he comes to my side immediately like a puppy with its owner.
We make our way inside and the rest of the boys give me a confused look and Mikey just all out asks who Joe is, very rudely may I add.

*okay kind of short don't kill me but thank you for readinggg*