38. Michael Clifford What Have You Done

*time skip two years bc I can also kind of a triggering thing in here just in case you're sensitive to that so be aware, also if you are sensitive to it you're a beaut and you deserve the world my love*

Lacys POV
Its been a couple years since I've talked to luke himself, and the boys and me stopped communicating as much. I made so many new friends here after Brooke. Brooke is still my main best friend here but I have at least ten more and that makes me really happy. We go out almost every night now and I had just gotten an Instagram to start documenting them
Also to stalk the boys band but we don't need to talk about that. Speaking of the boys band they got famous quick, by quick I mean over the span of a couple months they've been playing at venues around the world. Not here yet though or I would've definitely gone. I understand why they haven't played here though because it is California and the US so you have to be pretty up there to get to play at a place here. I talked with Mikey yesterday and he seemed really excited about something, that's what I love about these boys we can not talk for months but the moment we do it's like we've been talking to each other every minute of every day. Anyway he said he's really excited about his next show for some reason, but he wouldn't tell me. I can only assume it's a new song that Luke wrote that nobody's ever heard before. They have over 1,000 fans buying tickets to their shows now and that's insane for only a couple months.
My friends and I are meeting up at the cafe down the street before going to this insane party that's apparently happening. It's weird because usually everybody talks about a party that's going to happen but I didn't hear about a big party happening this weekend, but whatever we're going anyway.
I walk into the cafe and sit at our usual table to wait for everybody, being a little early I put my earphones in and put some of my ratchet music on. According to one of my friends joe I have ratchet music when really it's just alternative, he's a Kpop kind of guy. Speak of the devil, joe walks in and pulls one of my earphones out as he sits next to me in the booth and playfully puts his arm around me.
"Hey babe" he says with a wink and I giggle at his playful actions before pushing him away. He laughs with me and puts his hands on the table instead. I notice he's wearing more bracelets than usual and I narrow my eyes at them, knowing his past. He must've noticed because he swiftly tucks his hands under the tablecloth and smiles at me.
"Joe what's up I saw them" I say and his smile drops and his usually masked happy attitude is replaced with a broken one and I put his hand, Palm up, on the table in front of me and pull down his bracelets. I see more scars has appeared and I look at him concerned, making sure I don't look angry. He bites his lip stud like he does when he's nervous and I rub his wrist gently "it's okay joe.. We don't have to talk about it" I say sliding his bracelets back up and releasing his hand. He smiles thankfully at me and puts his arm back around me. Me and joe go back about a year and a half. I met him when I was eating with Brooke at lunch one time and he tripped right in front of us, spilling all four drinks of Starbucks he was holding on me and Brooke. I remember him stumbling up and apologizing expecting us to lash out but was pleasantly relieved when we both just laughed. He then invited us to come sit with his friends as proof that he actually spilled them and didn't just not want to pay for drinks and was making an excuse. Which is also how me and Brooke met joes sister Elisha, and his friends Jade and Connor. Whom which are also part of our group. The others all have different stories on how we all met but those are for another time.
Elisha walks in with Connors arm around her waist, did I mention they were dating, and joe glares at his friends hand gripping his sisters hip, also did I mention Joes really protective over his sister.
"Guys Danielle isn't gonna make it, she said she has to study for this huge history test tomorrow." Elisha says sitting down after Connor romantically pulls her chair out and kisses her head before sitting next to her.

Danielle was somebody we met only a couple months ago because she was being bullied by this super religious kid. Basically she's a transgender. So while she still looks manly since she has just started on the hormones, and is planning to get the surgery, she tends to get some looks and comments by the student body. I noticed it at first and decided to confront her and tell her she can hang out with us for a while, then she ended up being part of the group so it all worked out. We've asked her why she didn't start hormones earlier and she said it's because she had just turned 18 as she started college, she's a freshman, and her parents are not supportive at all. She's also said she sees us as replacements for her loved ones who don't support her, which we have no problem with. Everybody needs a little love.