Two - The London Eye

-The Second Chapter-

[Liam’s POV]

I sat in my car, Louis in the passengers seat, waiting for Harry to get out of his house so that we could start looking for Zayn and Niall as they explored London. I was impatient, my fingers were tapping anxiously against my steering wheel, tempted to honk the horn once more. My other hand was brushing through what little hair was on my head. Louis, right beside me, was sitting with one leg under the airbag area (I never knew what that part of the car was called) and his other leg resting against it, tapping it impatiently as well.

“Where the hell is Harold?” Louis grunted in a teasing, yet annoyed tone. I had no words to reply with so I only sighed and shrugged my shoulders. We sat there for another ten minutes, now becoming angry. I shook my head and let a small grunt run past my lips as I punched down on my car horn, letting the horn honk for a good ten seconds or so. Immediately after Harry came running out of his house, or should I say hoping out, as he was trying to run and pull on his classic brown leather boots at the same time. He made it to the car and muttered a sorry to us, “Mum kept ranting to me how I shouldn’t skip school for this. She went on about how I’m in university and should be more responsible. She just doesn’t understand.” Harry assured as he buckled himself in with the seat belt.

“It’s fine, my mum doesn’t know I’m skipping.” I said without turning to Harry, my eyes glued to my rear-view mirror as I backed out of his driveway, “But, where do we even begin looking?”

“Starbucks.” Louis said with one firm nod of his head.

“There’s like a million Starbucks in London, Louis.” Harry groaned, “Why Starbucks?”

“I just wanted a drink.” Louis chuckled.

“Why don’t we go to the Starbucks next to the London Eye and begin looking there? I’d think they’d want to check that out, yeah?” I suggested as I began driving to my destination. I saw Louis nod out of the corner of my eye and Harry nod in the rear-view. It was set I guess.

We drove and eventually got to where we wanted. The London Eye was constantly busy, no matter what time of day it was. We found a parking spot and Louis got his drink and we stood together on the sidewalk, trying to pinpoint a good place to begin.

“Why don’t you two check over there and I’ll check around here. I’ll call you if I see them.” Harry said as he pointed down to the big Ferris Wheel across the bridge. Louis and I both nodded and waved a cheerful goodbye to Harry and ran towards the bridge. As we approached the bridge our running slowed down to a brisk walk as we looked all over,

“I feel silly, Louis.” I blurted as we stopped moving altogether and just took in the view of London off the bridge, “London is a big place, we’re never going to find them.” I sighed as I leaned over the railing, watching as the crisp blue water flowed below us. It was a beautiful day and the sights and views around us were more vibrant and exquisite than usual. I absolutely loved being down around this part of London, I really did.

“I wouldn’t say that…” Louis said rather quickly as he pushed off the railing and starred down at the other end of the bridge, “Because look.” I followed Louis’ movements and moved away from the railing, look down to the opposite end.