Twenty Two - British YouTubers

-The Twenty-Second Chapter-

[Liam’s POV]

            “And I can finally tell you all what I have planned for this channel!” Zayn grinned towards his camera, “A lot of you have always asked why I haven’t collabed with anyone except for my best mate and boyfriend. Well, all summer long, I was talking to a lot of your favorite British YouTubers such as Marcus, Zoe, and Alfie. I’ve even been talking to Tyler Oakley and Troye Sivan. Later this month they’re all coming to my place and we’re going to do a shit ton. Now, that’s all I’m going to say about it now!” Zayn clapped his hands; still grinning at his fans who will soon be watching this video, “Now, please excuse me. Liam and I have to take a thumbnail! Bye everyone!”

            He got up and I watched him turn his camera off recording, “Let’s do this.” Nodding, I repositioned myself, holding the blindfold in my hand, “So we just filmed the What’s In My Mouth Challenge so, one of us should have this tied around them for the thumbnail.”

            “I volunteer as tribute.” I winked, immediately tying the red fabric around my eyes. “Should I have one of those gross objects in my mouth again?” I let out a small sigh, which Zayn laughed at. He didn’t say anything, but his laugh was all I needed to know that I was indeed putting one of the objects back into my mouth. I flattened out my hand and waited for Zayn to put his weapon of choice in it. When he did, I felt around, “Is this the PlayDoh from before?” Again, Zayn laughed, “Fucking hell, Zayn.”

            After settling on a thumbnail, or should I say, after Zayn made me put each item back into my mouth, we were done with the video. We now sat at his computer, as the files synced into his editing system. I’ve watched him edit before, and never understood, and each time he explains to me what he’s doing, but it just doesn’t make sense.

            “It’s not something I can explain easily. You’d understand it better if you did it yourself.” Zayn spoke as he dragged files overtop of one another. Following the mouse on the computer screen, I was silent. For a while now, he’d been hinting at me starting my own channel and do my own videos, but I wasn’t into that stuff. Niall told me Zayn tried to convince him to do the same, but he couldn’t manage maintaining his good grades and maintaining a YouTube channel at the same time. I could barely manage my life, let alone a YouTube channel.

“Now we wait.” He spoke after the editing was finished. I had been sitting at his side for about an hour and a half while he did this complex task. I watched the small loading ‘Processing’ bar slowly increase.

“This is the part that sometimes takes longer than the editing, right?” I asked, tilting my head to look at him. Zayn nodded with a pleasant, non-annoyed, sigh. “How long do you think this one’ll take?”

“Considering it’s not even one percent yet – awhile.” Now he groaned a little and look back over to me, “How’re you holding up? Just a little over a week until we can get you the proper medications, yeah?”

“I’m good. I still ache all over, but it hurts less to breathe.” I spoke slowly. It was almost a new tradition of mine, that when I had a long sentence to speak, I spoke it really slowly. That way, I wasn’t in much pain.