Eight - Picnic In The Park

-The Eighth Chapter-

[Zayn’s POV]

“So for Monday’s video I was going to vlog our date. Just parts of it. Like two seconds of us walking. A second during the picnic, then various times after.” I smiled as I tied the shoelace to my converse. Liam sighed but I caught him nodding his head,

“Why though?”

“I want to show the world we’re dating.”

“We’re not ‘dating’. We’re nothing official.” Liam winked at me, already trying to tease me. I rolled my eyes and stood up, poking his firm chest as I spoke,

“We’re going on our first date. We’re officially dating.” When I spoke Liam blushed a little bit. I smiled and grabbed his hand, opening up the front door. He led the way and I followed, our hands still linked together. Liam had the basket for our picnic in his other hand and I had my camera in mine. We walked for about three minutes in pure silence, but it was, dare I say, a romantic silence. Every second I held onto Liam’s hand I caught myself smiling. You could say I was smiling a lot if you wanted to, because I was. That fool, no matter what he said or what he did, always could make me smile.

I looked over to Liam who was concentrating on the sidewalk, his eyes focused down below him. I turned away and turned my camera on and held it up to my face. Liam made a sarcastic, yet fooling grunt as I started talking, “So today, for Monday’s video –”

“It’s Friday, Zayn.” Liam interrupted me off camera, giving me a swift wink.

“I know, loser.” I fought back, “Anyway. Today IS Friday, but I’m shooting Monday’s video. Today I’m taking you with me and Liam on our first date to the park for a picnic. Liam doesn’t want me to, but oh well. He just doesn’t understand that I like you guys a lot more than him, so…” I trailed off, turning the camera onto Liam to get his reaction.

“Oh yeah?” Liam said, trying hard not to laugh, “If you like them more, why don’t you date them?” He said, stopping in his tracks. I kept walking, but got pulled back. The hand I was holding Liam’s hand with pulled up into the frame of the video, but I mentally made a note to myself to not edit it out. People would love it and it would get me more views. I’m secretly evil.

I kept the camera on Liam’s face when I replied, in a sad and begging tone, “No, please? I promise you’ll always be my number one!” I pouted as Liam looked at me. His brown eyes weakened and he gave in,

“Fine. But turn the camera off now, love.”

I turned it back to my face and smiled, “Okay everyone, my boy says I have to go. I’ll check you all later!” I turned my camera off and wore it around my wrist. I faced Liam who looked kind of unsettled, “What?”

“You called me your boy.” He said, slowly picking up his feet and walking forward, his hand still in mine. I didn’t speak for a minute, nervous and afraid of his rejection. I didn’t mean to say it, it just kind of slipped. I swallowed heavily and spoke,