Fourteen - The First

-The Fourteenth Chapter-

[Harry’s POV]

“I can tell he misses you. He wants you back. He may not be admitting it, but he wants you back.”

“As if.”

“Zayn if you didn’t think the littlest bit that he wants you back then why are you still in town?” I harshly said to him as I took a sip of my tea. Earlier I had gotten ahold of Zayn – he and Niall were still in town. They had gotten a hotel not too far from this place. The day Liam woke up, they wanted to leave, but I told them to stay somewhere close.

“But he hates me and I don’t know why.”

I watched as Zayn’s eyes shifted down towards his fidgety hands. What used to be a warm honey colour in his eyes was now a dull plain brown. I knew he was so distraught over this. It was clear he hadn’t had much sleep, “Where’s Niall. How’s he doing?”

“He’s alright. Louis texted him last night.”

“Good,” I smiled, “Louis and I had a conversation in the late of night about them two. He told me what he said to you two –”

“I hope he knows that neither Niall or me hold it against him. Both him and Niall said things they don’t mean. It was just annoyingly stressful.” Zayn cut me off.

“I, well you or Niall, should tell him. Louis’ a nut ball. He has a thick skull and doesn’t think a lot when he’s angry or scared. Sometimes I don’t know why Liam or I are even friends with him.” I chuckled, making Zayn chuckle too.

“As long as they mend things, I mean, I guess I’d be a bit happier. Nialler’s my best friend and when he’s happy he tends to rub off on me.”

“That’s not good enough.”

“Excuse me?”

“You deserve to be happy for yourself.”

“That’s kind of hard to do when I don’t even know why Liam would rather have me dead than look at me, Harry”

I sighed heavily and pinched my nose, “I shouldn’t tell you this but you deserve to know. I don’t want you to interrupt me until I’m completely finished, okay?” I watched as Zayn nodded then cleared my throat, “Alright. He’s pissed off at you because frankly, he’s being a little prissy bitch and is blaming you for the accident, which, both Louis and I, including his mother and the doctors who were looking after him said it completely was his own fault. He’s being hardheaded and insists on it being your fault. Personally, I think the accident messed with him in more ways than one, because the Liam before the accident has been replaced with a new, more rude, Liam. But I know he misses you because when I was about to leave Louis’ room last night I heard him get up and freak out a bit. He went to the bathroom and started talking to himself, crying. I couldn’t hear what he said but I just know he misses you.”

Zayn was biting his lip, waiting for me to be done, “And his birthday is next week. He wants to have a party but I don’t think it’s the best idea since he’s still considered hurt. But he insists, so I’m inviting you and Niall to it next week.” I nodded and leaned back, letting Zayn take the floor as he spoke.

“So to him, it’s my fault.”

“I suppose, but he’s fucked right now. Soon he’ll realize that he’s being a prick.”

“I don’t know about the party…”

“C’mon.”

“First, he needs to watch the few videos I had filmed but never posted. I left the hard drives at his house. I hid them in the back of his desk draw.  Get him to watch them, and then maybe I’ll come.” Zayn said, standing from his seat, “Thanks for this Harry, I really do feel better.” He smiled at me. I nodded and let him leave, heading back to his hotel I assumed. Once back at Liam’s I saw him sitting at the kitchen table, eating lunch, “Hey, where’s Louis at?” I called out when Liam acknowledged me being home.