Twenty Four - Subscribers

-The Twenty-Fourth Chapter-

[Liam’s POV]

            MoreMalik has subscribed to your channel!

            MarcusButlerTV has subscribed to your channel!

            PointlessBlog has subscribed to your channel!

            Zoella has subscribed to your channel!

            Tyler Oakley has subscribed to your channel!

            Troye Sivan has subscribed to your channel!

            I sat in the living room, looking down to my email notifications, watching as everyone in the room subscribed to the channel Zayn just helped me create. Zayn tweeted to his three millions followers on Twitter that I created and channel and attached my channels URL to the tweet so that his followers could subscribe if they wanted. He didn’t fail to include my Twitter handle as well, making it so everyone started following me as well.

            And that’s what started all the @ mentions from Zayn’s fans, Zoe’s fans, Alfie’s fans, Marcus’ fans, Tyler’s fans, and Troye’s fans. Even I seemed to have fans, although I had no idea who or what they were a fan of. I never really cared for Twitter followers because the idea of people I don’t know being able to tell what I’m doing throws me off, kind of. But, if I wanted to get into this world of the Internet then I’d have to get used to it. The last time I checked my Twitter was a few days ago, I had about 13,000 followers, and that’s because earlier on in the summer when Zayn posted that vlog of our picnic in the park, a herd of people followed me then. However, when I checked it now, my follower count had increased to 32,342 followers.

            “What’s your first video going to be about, babe?” Zayn asked, sitting down right beside me, “You want it to be interesting, not one of those boring ‘hey this is my channel, so hi’ videos. Those are poor starts.”

            “How did you start yours?” I asked, talking to everyone one in the room.

            Kelsey Marr has subscribed to your channel!

            Grace Helbig has subscribed to your channel!

            Greenteaaaa has subscribed to your channel!

            Later that night I was lying next to Zayn who was half asleep while I was wide awake still thinking to myself about what I could do as my first video. I hadn’t posted anything yet, but still, all day people were subscribing to me. It was insane and confused me. The power of YouTube celebrities was intense. And not only were people subscribing to me, but my followers count on Twitter wouldn’t stop rising. By the end of the night, I was pushing 80,000 and Zayn said by morning he’d assume it’d be double that. It was all just so nuts.