Eighteen - The Boyfriend Tag

Authors note, please ^_^. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

-The Eighteenth Chapter-

[Zayn’s POV]

I’m awake, but my eyes stay closed. I’m too chicken to open them to face the bloody hangover I know I’m going to experience. There’s a low hum and I can’t tell whether or not it’s Liam or his ceiling fan. He always turns it on low in the mornings.

I’m on my side when Liam’s bedroom door slowly creaks open, “Zayn, you up?” Liam’s voice softly calls into his room. I guess that tells me where the humming was coming from. He closes the door as I nod my head. I took a breath through my nose, and as I did, a glorious smell entered my nostrils.

“What’s that smell?” I mumbled, prompting myself on my shoulder and forcing my eyes slightly open. Liam came over and crawled underneath the overs beside me, “McDonalds? What time is it?”

“Three in the afternoon. You slept through your hangover no doubt.” Liam smiled down at me, now looking into my fully open and fully awake eyes, “Here, sit up. Let’s eat.” I pushed backwards, resting my back against the bed frame. I flinched a bit as I moved; my body was aching all over.

“I feel like I was hit by a train.” I groaned, resting my head on Liam’s shoulder, reaching for the burger her got me, “And you remembered my order.” The simple things are what I loved.

“You probably hurt because of all the drugs and alcohol you had in your system. Niall ratted you and told all of us about your night.” Liam chuckled, happily eating his own food.

“That may be, but I’m almost positive it’s from –” I cut myself off and pointed down to Liam’s crotch, which he blushed at. “I loved it by the way. Every moment. Though, near the end I swear I thought I was going to drown.” I chuckled with him, happy to be having this sweet moment with him. My mind was racing, but in a good way. Just two days ago, Liam hated me, then last night we had sex, and now we’re able to talk openly about it. God I loved this man.

The conversation died and we sat in the quiet, happily eating our food. “So Niall’s gone back to that hotel you were staying at. He’s gathering all your things. You both are moving back here.”

“But school starts soon?” I questioned softly, “We should go back home, shouldn’t we?”

“No.” Liam said. His voice was quiet, but the tone was stern, “I just got you back. You’re not leaving.” His eyes were fixed on his hands. I could tell he was certain about this. He really wanted us to stay. I couldn’t find my words to say yes as my throat was swallowing them. I leaned in and kissed his neck gently, giving him my answer. “Besides,” he started up again, “When school does start I think Harry and Louis are going to try and go back home, despite what my mum said. I’ll need people around me. I don’t want to be alone and I’m still not supposed to move much.”

He was now looking up to his ceiling, watching as the fan turned round and round. His house was strangely quiet. Normally there was always some noise - a television left on, music coming from someone’s computer, or even small chitchat. But no, today there was nothing.

“Liam,” My voice sounded. I took my hand, interlocked our fingers, and looked into his eyes, “As long we’re together, you’ll never be alone.” He gave me a weak smile and looked away. His eyes were sad even though he smiled.