Twelve - Not My Fault

-The Twelfth Chapter-

[Liam’s POV]

“Hi.” I said, shifting my eyes towards my mum, trying to avoid the frowns that were coming from the two lads beside her. Why’d they be frowning? I’ve no clue. It’s not like they’re the one who nearly died because of a fucking car accident. They aren’t the one who is hurting all over.

“Hi? All we get is a hi?”

“Do you forget who we are or something? I’m Niall. And this, this right here, is your boyfriend, Zayn.” They were both talking to me with panic in their voices. I squinted my eyes and closed them slowly, a headache brewing in the depths of my skull.

“I think we should give Liam some time to himself.” My mum said quietly. I heard their refusing voices, but soon the doctor rushed them out of my room, locking it as he turned back to me. He let out a struggled sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose,

“This may be worse than I anticipated. I’ll have to run additional tests to test your memory.” He mumbled, another sigh escaping his lips.

“Don’t bother.” I said coldly.

“Why’s that?”

“I know who they are. I haven’t lost my memory. This isn’t some sad cliché fairy tale. I chose to ignore them. I don’t want them near me.” I said, darting my eyes up to the doctor. His was in shock, but overall, he was confused.

“Didn’t the blonde one say –”

“Yes. The other one is my boyfriend. Or was. Still is. I don’t know. We got in this stupid, stupid fight and I don’t know where we are right now. All I know is that he’s the reason why I feel like a bag of shit right now. He’s dodgy. And I don’t want to talk to him right now.” I finished with a wince of pain, as I was now fully aware of the actual amount of pain I was in.

My body was in this intense pain and I wanted to cry, but crying would make my body hurt even more, so crying wasn’t a possibility right now. The doctor walked over and offered his assistance as I tried to readjust myself so I was sitting up straight, opposed to on my back.

“Liam, son, Zayn isn’t to blame at all,” the doctor began,  “He didn’t tell you not to put your seat belt on, he wasn’t the one on the phone while driving, and he wasn’t the one speeding down the freeway.”

“Well is sure as hell isn’t my fault.” I scoffed, brushing him off, no longer wanting his help.

“Then who’s is it?”

“Zayns!” I almost yelled. The doctor shook his head disapprovingly and made his way to the door. When he was about to turn the handle, he froze and spoke out,

“I want you to rest in here for a bit while I go get your tests. I also want you to think about what happened. That Zayn guy isn’t to blame at all. Liam, this accident was completely your fault.” And with that, he left me alone in my room. I felt the inside of my mouth start to bleed since I had been biting down on inside of my cheek very hard. How dare he. How dare he say it’s all my fault?

If he only knew that Zayn leaving made me emotionally unstable then he’d see why it was Zayn’s fault and not mine. I wanted to get up and leave but I knew that moving was going to hurt as fuck, and actually moving wouldn’t be happening for a long while. I had to get attached to my new home for however many days or weeks I’m forced to stay in here.

But I guess it’s for the best. I mean, if they let me out I’d probably harass Zayn and go kill him for what he did to me. I sighed heavily, who am I kidding? I’d never do that. He just sucks. He better say sorry.