Twenty Seven - Red Light Flashing

-The Twenty-Seventh Chapter-

[Zayn’s POV]

            I was sitting in my hotel room, listening as Liam and Troye shot their collabs for one another’s channel in Troye’s and Tyler’s room. I was going to spend the day with Niall, but he opted out and decided to go back to his mum’s, which I was completely fine with. They don’t get to see much of each other, so they should spend this entire weekend together in my opinion. Tyler wasn’t here either. In fact, he was doing some press thing for future events. That kid was always on the go.

            It was safe to say I was bored and wanted to do something – anything that would distract me. With a small yawn I opened my laptop and checked all my social medias. Everything seemed as normal as usual, but I saw that on YouTube I was nearing 5,000,000 subscribers and that was rather exciting, so I tweeted about my excitement.

@zaynmalik: just noticed i’m so close to 5,000,000 subscribers! so insane! thank you all, i love you all so much!

            I reread the number of subscribers I was at – 4,999,987 – and thought it’d be cool to do a live stream with my fans for when I met 5,000,000 subscribers. With the thought still fresh in my head, I quickly set up a Google hangout through my YouTube channel, took the link, and tweeted it out.

@zaynmalik: come hang out with me while we hit 5,000,000 subscribers! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X-JU5ETsJQ&list=UUR-QYzXrZF8yFarK8wZbHog

            I quickly played around with the settings and turned my webcam on. The red light was flashing, so I knew that part of the chat was working. At least they could see me for sure. As soon as I sent out my link, hundreds of people started watching me just sit alone in my hotel room, “Hi guys! Is this working?” I looked stunned as the stream played back on my end. I glanced around the screen and gave a frown, “Guys I don’t think this is working. Where are the comments?” I started scrolling to see if I could find the comments section but couldn’t find anything. “Guys, tweet at me and tell me if this is working or not. Also tell me if you’re able to comment because I don’t think any of this is working!”

            I heavily sighed and drifted off to Twitter for a second, “Okay you all are saying it’s working but I can’t see a thing.” I clicked back to the hangout and started clicking on the window’s box, dragging it to the side. When I moved the box it revealed the comments section and I felt so stupid, “Oh hell, I just found the comments. Ignore my stupidity.” I read the comments quickly and a lot of them were telling me it was working, which I found funny. I was silent for a second because I was refreshing my channel, “Guys, we’re at 4,999,992! So soon!” I was so excited, “I’m going to get more comfortable, actually.” I stated, moving my laptop onto the desk that was in the room. It was kind of hot in my room so I stripped off my pants, leaving my briefs on. The fans couldn’t see, so it didn’t really matter.

            I couldn’t help but to smile as I saw how many people were already watching, “101,245 of you are watching. Shit, that’s a lot. We’ll have to make sure that this is a rad party then!” I continued to read the comments and a lot of people were asking me to say hi to their country or whatever, and a lot wanted me to wish them happy birthday, “Hello to Michigan! And happy birthday Claire from Ohio! Hope all is swell and you have a special day!”