threesome

Ella.
James.
Noah.

The three of them fell into an odd sort of limbo. So much has happened between them, and yet so little followed.

Noah and James became an addition to her friendship group so seamlessly it was as if they had always been there.

They laughed and joked with each other as only friends can.

Ella had always thought a marker of friendship was when you were in their kitchen, and knew precisely where everything was. There's that moment when you're comfortable with each other and know each other to a certain extent. The three had reached this point.

But as always there was this underlying tension.

Ella distinctly recalls an evening (after the break up and the kiss) where she'd had 10 or so friends over. James and Noah being included in this.

James had been there and James had looked at her. He had looked at her, really looked at her, like he had done so many times before. He had flirted with her, as he had done so many times before. He had touched her almost absentmindedly, as he he had done so many times before.

So a small glimmer of hope had began to settle itself within Ella. She couldn't have helped it, and so that night she had fallen asleep in his arms.

Noah had observed this, but had said nothing.

The next day James introduced his new  girlfriend to the group over a lunch.

Ella felt conflicted because Lucy was really such a sweetheart, and she couldn't bring herself to hate her in the slightest. At the same time she felt so exhausted with her feelings concerning James.

Noah gently nudged her hand under the table.

Noah smiled comfortingly at her. Ella simply straightened her posture and placed a faker wider smile on her face.