happiness is a warm gun

James returns with a takeaway latte in hand. When Ella reaches for the coffee first instead of him James quirks an eyebrow and asks "That bad?".

Ella nods and says resignedly "It was awful but it was nothing I didn't deserve."

By cradling Ella, with an arm placed around her waist, James offers a silent comfort. She places her coffee down and leans into him. She is enveloped by his care.

"I've missed you so much." James says in a barely there murmur. Ella sighs further into his arms. As he holds her almost impossibly closer James comes to a realisation.

"I don't want to not be with you. I hated seeing you with someone else. Hated it. And last night felt so right. Even now I am so content. We shouldn't be happy considering what we did, but I can't help it. I want to be with you." James says and Ella can hear just how happy he is. She looks at the upturned corners of his mouth and pecks a kiss on each one.

"I couldn't think of anything that would make me happier. But I do think we need to talk before we jump back into anything." Ella smiles up at him.

"Ugh talking," James cries in an overly dramatic sarcastic manner "but how will be ever manage that?".

Ella laughs. It's a real laugh that comes from her very core.

She throws her arms around his neck and kisses him.

"I thought you wanted to talk." James teases.

"Later. Shut up and kiss me."

James obliges.