Sad boys club

"I hate that I've done this to you" Ella says truthfully.

"At least you weren't my girlfriend at the time. Just to clarify what ever this was between us is now over." Noah says simply.

"Yes technically there was nothing to cheat on, but I've hurt you and I've hurt myself. I can regret the scenario around what I did, but I can't change the fact that I did this." Ella winces slightly as she says this.

"What's going to happen with you and James? Not that it's any of my business. I guess I just wanted to know if it was worth it. Was it worth it you throwing away what we could have been...?" Noah says bitterly.

"I'm not sure. We haven't spoken about the future except how to speak to you this morning. More importantly, what is going to happen to us?" Ella asks in a nervous and small voice.

"Is he still upstairs? Did you have a conversation laughing about how you were going to tell poor unsuspecting Noah? Jesus, you're as bad as each other." Noah shook his head visibly upset.

"No I sent him out. I wanted to speak to you first. I thought you deserved that. I get that it'll be difficult for us to have any type of relationship past this point, but I wanted you and James to be able to work it out." Ella says gently.

"Yeah, I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon. I'm much too angry and much too disappointed. The three of us pretty much spend all of our time together, and you still did this. You're the two people in the world who care about me most, and you still did this." Noah says in not a fierce tone, but a tired and exasperated voice.

"I will always care about you, Noah."

"Well you have a funny way of showing that..." He replies.