Valentine's Day

A/N: Just a Captain Swan one shot to celebrate Valentine's Day. I really wanted something like this to happen, so I wrote it. 1790 words, sorry I know it's long but hopefully it's worth it. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone, I hope you all have a lovely day and share it with those you love most xxx

2 Days before Valentine's Day....at Granny's Diner

Killian POV

"So it's a compulsory thing?" "No, not really. I mean not that I know of. I'm pretty sure you just spend time with the person your with." I eyed Henry suspiciously, "sounds rather odd to me lad." "Everything about our world seems odd to you. Anyway are you doing something for my mum?" "What do you mean?" Henry rolled his eyes and put down what he was currently working on, "are you taking her out for Valentine's Day or not?" "How would I have even made plans lad, I found out about your ridiculous holiday 2 minutes ago." "Who found out about what 2 minutes ago?" I turned my head to see Mary-Margaret walking over to towards the booth Henry and I were sitting in. "Killian's not doing anything for my mum on Valentine's Day." My head quickly snapped back round to Henry and I shot him a death glare. "WHAT!? You have to do something for Emma! It's..its.. Not even an option!" I tilted my head in confusion, "Henry just said it wasn't though." "Oh, just go do something nice for my daughter. Not an option, go now!" I rolled my eyes this time and remained where I was. "She's said nothing of this ridiculous holiday, which can only mean one thing-she doesn't care about it and clearly doesn't want anything." Mary-Margaret sat next to Henry with the most shocked expression I'd even seen. "Killian this is my mum were talking about." "Oh you dumb pirate! Of course she wants something done for her, it's Valentine's Day. Emma's just too polite to ask." I sat thinking whether or not Emma really would like something, I mean we had been together for quite a while now, plus she did save my sorry arse from the Underworld not to long ago. I suddenly excused myself and as I walked away I noticed a smirk on both Henry and his grandmother's face.

"Sorry, we're all booked out." Sorry, no more reservations left." "Sorry." "Sorry we're out." I left the last restaurant in town that was somewhere I would actually consider taking my Swan. Seems everyone really gets into this Valentine's Day nonsense, the whole bloody town is booked. Guess I'll have to make do with something else. I walked down the street to 'Game of Thorns'  and upon entry noticed that pretty much all their flowers were gone. There were only a handful left of the usual amount of flowers. "Hello," I spun round to see Moe standing behind the desk. "Hi Moe, looks like you've had a busy week." "Yeah well Valentine's Day is always my best sale time. What can I do for you?" I walked over to a lovely bunch of red roses. "Just trying to buy some thing for Emma, only just found out about your holiday and her family is insisting I do something." "Ah, sounds rough," he laughed a little and grabbed the red roses. "You know I'll have some pink and white ones in on Valentine's Day if you really want something nice. I can make a bouquet of the three?" "That sounds great, can I pick it up in 2 days?" "Of course, I'll just set the order now." "Make it 2 bouquets, one big one and one small one. I've just had an idea." As Moe put the order in I started planning out exactly what I was going to do. I just hoped Emma would like my effort.

On Valentine's Day...

Emma got up and left like any other day, I kissed her goodbye and she went to the Sheriff's station. Her leaving made all my plans fit together nicely, it meant I had all day to set up. I started preparing everything I'd need for the evening I had planned for us. I set up everything in the kitchen so it would be ready by the time I got back. I rushed out of the house and went back to 'Game of Thorns' to pick up the flowers. "Hi Moe, you got the flowers?" "Yep, here you go. They alright?" The flowers looked amazing all together, perfect actually. "They're great, thanks Moe. I know she'll love them." I went home and set the bigger bouquet in a vase filled with water on the table. I looked at the clock and noticed it was just about time for me to go and collect my beautiful Swan from a day's work. I grabbed the smaller bouquet and started making my way over to the Sheriff's station.