Chapter Twenty Two

💗 Lizzies Pov 💗

I walk back home, not wanting to see any part of my now, ruined wedding. I open the door and flop on the couch. Minutes later, the front door opens. I jolt up to see Joey. He slowly walks over to me. He sits beside me taking my hand in his. His eyes were red and puffy, the way I hated seeing them. "Lizzie, I love you. But I don't believe you. I think it's best if we break up. Give each other breaks. Stop hurting each other."

"I'm your girlfriend, you're supposed to believe me!" I cry.

"I know, but I don't." He says looking down.

"But- but we're getting married!"

"That was ruined. Remember? I'm sorry Lizzie, but I'm breaking up with you." He said standing up.

"Joey, why?" I ask. He didn't reply, just walked to the door. "I love you." I whisper. He stops, but then starts walking again. He opened the door and walked out. I collapsed onto the floor, hitting my arm off the coffee table.

The person, I love. Left me. Just left me. Like I was nothing. Like we were nothing. He didn't even seem hurt.

I lay on the ground, thinking about Joey and I's happy moments. The ones that will never happen again. I let my tears stain my dress, that I could not wait to get off me.

He never loved me. But I loved him. I still do, I always will. What am I going to do without Joey? How will I live in this house without him? Wolf and Storm. What am I supposed to do with them? So many questions. So little answers. All I knew, I would never love anybody, like I loved Joey.