Chapter Twenty Five

💗 Lizzies Pov 💗

Once I saw Joey again, I realized, I love him. I need to tell him that. I jogged downstairs and slipped my converse on. I decided to walk to Joeys house. I've always known where he lived. When he walked out, everyone kept telling me where he lived.

When I get there, I took a deep breath before bursting through the front door. I called his name but got no reply. I have only seen the outside of his house, not the inside. I ran up the stairs. There were multiple doors. Great. I ran into the first one I saw. I saw him on his bed. I close my eyes. "Joey, I'm so sor-" I stop. Once I opened my eyes, I realized that he wasn't sitting on his bed alone. He was sitting with a girl. Kissing. "Oh my god." I say quickly before turning around and running. I closed the door and ran down the stairs. I heard a door open and close. I panicked and tried to open the front door, but failed. My hands were shaking too much.

"Lizzie, what are doing?" Joey asked. I turn around slowly. I widen my eyes. How can he ask me that?

"I came to apologize, but it seems you're just fine without me. I thought we could fix things between us, but clearly you didn't want that!" I yell pointing to upstairs. Joey followed to where I was pointing and sighed.

"She means absolutely nothing to me."

"Then why were you sucking her face off!" I scream walking closer to him.

"I don't...I don't know." He says looking down. I laugh. Really Joey?

"You're a dumbass." I say before walking out his front door and slamming it.

On the walk home, I kept thinking.

Why am I so stupid? I never should have trusted him. I'm not good enough for him.

I walked in there, with so much hope. My hope, was shattered. I thought we could fix this, but no. He had to bring some new girl into his life. I wanted everything to be okay again. Looks like that won't be happening anytime soon.