Chapter Twenty Four

💗 Lizzies Pov 💗

Does Joey actually think I believe him? I mean, he left me on our wedding day. As much as I want to forgive him, I can't.

I enter Starbucks, and immediately notice Yammy. She recently dyed her hair white. "Hey Yams!" I say walking over to her.

"Lizzie? Hey!" She stands up and gives me a hug. "I haven't seen you since the wed-" She started but cut herself off. "I haven't seen you in a while." She said nervously. I smiled at her.

"Hey, I'm not going to cry over the word 'wedding'. I'm over it. It was his choice to leave me." I said and sat down. I'm not crying. Surprisingly I'm not crying. Not even a single tear. I guess I really am over it. "What have you been up to?"

"Oh! This weekend, Oli is letting me have Lily. Only for the weekend though. I haven't seen her in so long. I miss my baby." She says with watery eyes. I put my hand on hers, which was resting on the table. She smiled.

"At least you still get to see her, that's a start. Hey, if you want, you can take her to see Wolf and Storm."

"You still have them?"

"Of course. Joey left them, and there's no way I'm getting rid of them."

"Okay, yeah. Sounds fun." She said. We talked for a while after that, until she said she had to go. We exchanged goodbyes and went our separate ways.

When I got home, Storm and Wolf ran over and greeted me. I scratched both their heads before jogging upstairs. I changed into pyjama shorts and a pink tank top. I brushed my teeth before slipping into bed. I went on my phone for a bit and rubbed my eyes. I yawned and put my phone away. Storm and a Wolf jumped onto the bed with me. Wolf was laying beside me where Joey used to sleep, and Storm on my chest. Buddy was at the end of my bed, cuddled up around my feet. Storm and Wolf, snuggled up to me and immediately warmed me. I yawned one last time before falling asleep.