Chapter 2

Luke's P.O.V

Great. A Science project with the school nerd. She's really smart though. I could copy off her and boost my grades. Lord knows I need to. My Dad's cutting me off until I boost my grades. I tried to get Mom on my side but they have that stupid rule 'Parents should back each other up' so she said I was cut off until I boosted my grades. My three brothers still have all their credit cards and money in their pockets. Jerry, James and Andrew all have successful jobs and wives and kids. I already have like 16 nieces and nephews. Thank god I still have Melanie. Melanie is five and she's like my other half. I'm the only brother she actually knows because by the time she was born they'd all moved out and gotten married. My mom was so proud of them. They were just like me in school. Jocks, bad grades, players. They were just better at faking report cards to my mother. My mother loves being the mother all our friends envy. Makes home-made cookies and ice tea for when they come over and her dinners are awesome. Mom used to own her own four star restaurant and it got some of the best reviews in the city. My dad own his own line of car stores and makes a buck load of money out of them. My brothers already went into business with my dad to start off but the only one that stuck with him is Jerry. James started becoming a professional athlete and Andrew went on to become a world famous scientist. So you could say I have a famous family. Everyone expects me to follow suit and become someone famous. I don't want to be famous. I want to be me. I don't know what I want to do yet. People expect me to be like my brothers. Another successful Green. I don't want to end up so rich I fritter away money on anything like my father does. I don't want to have a huge house that has so many rooms you can get lost in. Uh, I really need to get my act together. When I get in through the door Mom comes to meet me. 'I'm going out love, I have a meeting downtown. Your Dad is at work until ten this evening. Will you mind Melanie?' She asks and I nod. She squeals and hugs me tight, running out the door. ' Money on the table for dinner' She calls and shuts the door. I go up to Melanie. She's playing with a teddy and squeals happily when she sees me. She runs over to me and I lift her up, swinging her round. 'Want to go to the park?'I ask and Melanie squeals again. I grab the money, my phone and my keys and fetch the buggie for Melanie. Then we leave for the park and for once my worries melt away and it's just me and my little sister having fun.

Hey. What dy'all think?. Vote, Follow and Comment!. :)