Chapter 12

Kelly's P.O.V
We arrive at Adelaide's posh apartment and I set up shop in the spare room. I sleep most of the day out of sheer will. Will to calm my life for a few hours. My life has become a complete mess and I don't know what to do. I'll continue on for now anyway. Adelaide takes me shopping round the shopping centre in her town and then we go for refreshments in a cafe. We both order skinny lattes and sip them, sitting in a window seat. 'Imagine all these years we had a brother' Adelaide says, stirring her spoon round and round. 'I know it's weird, why do you think they never told us?' I ask, licking the frothy cream. 'I dunno, I mean it's not something easily hidden. All this time we had a brother. A real blood brother. I still can't believe they lied to us all these years. I mean, if I was pregnant I'd tell you right away' she says and won't look at me. I gasp. 'OMG' I squeal. Adelaide looks up. 'Don't tell Mum and Dad' she says and passes me a fades grey picture. It's a scan of a tiny baby curled up between the scan lines. 'What sex?' I ask. Adelaide shakes her head. 'Don't know. Have to wait until the birth' she says and I squeal again and hug her. I'm going to be an aunt. YAY!!!. We leave the cafe and I come face to face with Patrick. 'Adelaide get me out of here please' I whisper. 'Kelly please, let me explain' Patrick says but I shake my head. Adelaide looks confused. 'Adelaide this is the guy I told you about. The one that I caught kissing Lexi when we were in a date' I say and fresh tears well in my eyes. Adelaide steps up to Him. ' You are clearly regarded' she says and Patrick's eyes widen in shock. ' My sister is pretty, smart, funny, kind and a nice person to be around. The exact opposite of Lexi Mayhem. My sister has been having a really tough time lately and on top of all that you add to it by cheating on her on our first date. My God I despise the sight of you. I hate you. Come on Kelly, let's get on home' she says and wraps her arms around me, leading me to the car. I close my eyes because if I didn't I would die of exhaustion.

Hey Y'all. Will start on the romancing soon. It's only beginning!. Follow, Comment, Vote!!.