Chapter 16

Warning. Bad words!. Read note at end.
Luke's P.O.V
Please let this date go well. I needed it to go well. What I said was true. I like Kelly. I had to watch her go out with That bastard that cheated on her. God I'd love to punch his face in. He makes me so mad. I led Kelly down the road to the pond my Grandma used to take me to when I was young before she died. Kelly gasped. 'Its beautiful' she says and looks around. Trees lightly sway in the wind and shade the sun, giving the pond a perfect golden glow. Kids must have been here earlier because there are a few boats half sinking in the middle of the pond. I lay Down a picnic blanket and basket and we both lie down. I bring out cheese, grapes, French Bread, chicken wings, Chorizo and pasta salad. She gasps again at the display of food and claps her hands and I flash a big 'ol grin at her, signalling her to tuck in. We both sit on the rug, not talking for a few minutes, just eating. I tell you something, I do pack a good picnic if I do say so myself. When we finished I brought out a flask of coffee and we sat talking about anything that came to mind. 'I hate when my parents embarrass me and that's nearly all the freaking time' I say. Like what?' She asks. 'I used to be afraid of laughing. I used to think that if you started laughing you'd go crazy so I used to try to stay serious all the time. My mom revealed that I was afraid of laughing to my friends and I've never heard the end of it since' I say and Kelly doubled over laughing. She laughs so hard tears form and she has to hold onto her stomach. 'Fear....Laughing. So.....Funny. Oh...My....God. Going..To....Wet....Myself' She gasps weakly. I smile devilishly and stat tickling her sides. She shrieks and thrashes and then eventually I stop when she's cramped over from laughing so much. We both sit up and I sigh. 'We should get you home' I say as I notice how dark it is outside. She nods. The car ride back is silent. She stops at her front door. She smiles. 'I had a very nice evening. Thank you' She says. I don't know why but I feel myself leaning in. She speeds up. Not a Good Idea. Our foreheads clash and we both jump back. I just grin and jump back into my car. One date and I have weird feelings. Is it possible that I like Kelly Adams after one date?. Well. We'll just have to see.

Hey Y'all. Just a quick note. To anybody who Follows me, Comments on my stories, Votes. You have no idea how much it means to me. That includes people who add stories to their reading lists or even just read the story. Thank you so much. It really does mean a lot. Leave a comment if you've any suggestions on the next chapter/book. Love Y'all. Comment, Follow and Vote!!.