Chapter 10

Kelly's P.O.V
I wake up with a splitting headache and I'm in a strange bed. I'm hooked up to one of those machines that beeps every few minutes. The nurse comes in. 'Good Morning, How do you feel?' She asks, handing me water and a couple of aspirin. I nod gratefully and down them both, beginning to feel a lot better. 'I feel fine' I say and the nurse nods and leaves, going to get my discharge papers. I lie down but my eyes snap open when the door opens again and I sit up to come face to face with Luke Green. 'How are you?' He asks. 'I'm fine now' I say and mentally slap myself. He'll think I'm being cheesy. The nurse comes back in. 'Ah you're the nice young man that brought Kelly here' she says and I just about fall off my bed. Luke Green brought me here?. He must have been the one who rescued me. The nurse hands me the papers and I'm allowed leave. As we get in my car I have a couple of questions to ask Luke. 'Why was I in the hospital?' I ask. 'Somebody got in to your house and locked you in your room, setting it on fire' He said. 'Do you know who did it?' I ask and he nods. My heart stops. I nod, letting him know he can continue. 'Lexi Mayhem' he says. Oh my god. See, a long long time ago when we were in first grade we were best friends. We did everything together. Then at the beginning of second grade a new girl came into class. Roisin. We started hanging out together but I still make sure I made time for Lexi too. Lexi started getting distant though. Then one day we were playing in the school yard and she blew off. Screaming at me , telling me I wasn't her best friend anymore and she hated me. We didn't speak since. She transferred schools and I only met her when we started here. So that's why she kept giving me dirty looks. I miss the old Lexi. I'm snapped back to attention when Luke waves his hand in front of my face. 'One more question, why did you save me' I ask and see him freeze for a minute or two. 'Anyone would help people in trouble' he says and we draw up to his house. He nods at me and gets out and I take the wheel. Well that's a lot of crazy stuff there. Better sleep on it.

Hey. Thank you so much to everyone who votes, comment or even reads this Story. Means the world to me. Thank You. Love Y'all. Comment, Vote and Follow!.