⚡️Chapter 1⚡️

In a Flash

Lillian Knight

⚡️

"My name is Lillian Knight. And I have been a cop in every major city. Do you believe in the impossible? Good. Because I had no idea that accepting a job at the Central City Police Department would change my life in such a miraculous way. I never thought that a forensic scientist named Barry Allen would be the reason I stayed in a city for more than six months. Why? Find out."

~

⚡️

"Detective Knight, seeing as it is your first day in Central City you could have at least settled in first." said Detective Joe West as Lillian stood across from him, eager to get to work. She smiled at him, showing her enthusiasm for her job. "I transferred from Happy Harbor for a change of pace sir. If it isn't to much trouble I was hoping that I could meet my partner today."

Detective West returned the smile, extending his hand to the young woman "Nice to meet you partner." Lillian shook his hand firmly, replying kindly "Nice to meet you too Detective West." He waved it off, his time warm and welcoming "Please, it's Joe. Welcome to CCPD."

⚡️

A week later things were fairly calm in Central City, Lillian hadn't done much except for controlling crowds of rioters. The Particle Excelerator was being turned on the next night and half the city was for it and other other half against.

"Yo Knight," said one of her fellow officers, Officer Truman. He had been hitting on her since day one, she had shut him down every time he asked her out or flirted with her. "What is it Truman?" Lillian asked, getting irritated by her colleagues constant flirting.

"What do ya say you and me go check out that Excelerator thing turn on tomorrow night?" He asked annoyingly, causing Lillian to loosen her grip on her temper. "You've asked me out eight times in the week I've been here and my answer remains the same Truman. No. Ask me again and Captain Singh has given me permission to knock you on your ass." Joe stood at the door as the department laughed at a very embarrassed Truman.

"Lilly," Joe said to his partner, handing her some files from forensics. "Could you take these up to Barry's lab and analyze them, you've got a keen eye and might be able to pick up on some things we over looked." Lillian liked her partner, he was a good friend and extremely wise and cared a lot about other people. She knew he wouldn't have her do this unless it were important. Either that or he knew she wanted a breather from Truman.

"Course. I'll get right on it." She said holding the files against her chest. "Thanks Lil." Joe said patting her shoulder as he headed for his desk. Lillian went  upstairs and searched for Barry's lab. She had never met him, but he was all Joe ever talked about, plus the other officers claimed he was the best forensic scientist there was.

She found a large metal sliding door that she hadn't searched yet. Knocking on the open door she saw a man huddled over a microscope with his back to her. "Barry Allen?" The man turned, surprising Lillian. He was a whole lot more attractive than she initially thought he would be.

"That would be me." He said with a charming smile. "You must be Joes new partner Detective Knight." Lillian held her hand out and shook his kindly. "That would be me." She teased.

"Well what can I do for you Detective?" Barry asked awkwardly, not knowing how to act around beautiful women. She held the files up, feeling a bit awkward herself. "Joe sent me up here so I could examine these files and have access to your resources. If it's an inconvenience I could always open up a socket and get it done at my desk."