Promise (Nevada x Random Person/Character)

Thoughts.

"Where are you going?" She asked. She had no idea that her best friend would be leaving her this soon.

"Clarke," her friend had told her, the gleam in her green eyes slowly fading away as she spoke in a soft, monotone voice, "I'm a few years older than you are. I have to leave with the rest of them. It's the law."

She just didn't understand why the law would say such a thing. "That is not true. You aren't even all grown up. You haven't even finished classes. Why would you leave everything?"

"I told you, I have to, Clarke." Clarke's friend looked behind herself at the large crowd of people in the same uniform she was wearing at the moment, and snapped her head back to return her gaze at Clarke. "There is literally no way that they will let me stay. I must go. I am required."

"You're fourteen!" Clarke snapped. "You can't go! I won't let you! You can't!"

"Look, Clarke," the friend had said, "I promise that I will come back one day. I promise. We will have the life we had before, even better! We will have a better life, with much more friends, money, everything you can imagine!"

"Promise you'll come back."

"I promise."

Nevada tried to forget the memories. But they just kept flooding her mind, they wouldn't leave her. The fact that Jenna hadn't come back. It had been so many years—Jenna would be 22 now. If she was still alive. But Nevada pushed away that thought, knowing that Jenna had died at war, sometime between her fourteenth and seventeenth year. Sometime between those years Jenna had died somehow, and even worse, broke her promise.

Clarke had never trusted anybody like she trusted Jenna.

She pushed the memories into the back of her mind. She would not let that affect any part of her life. She wouldn't. Well, not any more than it already had, anyways.

Clarke sat on a stone and gazed at the sun. This is where Jenna would come and read to her when she was little. She always came here. No one else did. She had warned them. All of them. But now a shadow was there, standing over her. She looked up and saw this tall woman wearing very muddy clothing.

"Hey, get lost. This is my place." Clarke said.

"Hey. Clarke."

"Who the heck are you?"

"Clarke. I'm back."

This couldn't be. But it was.

"Clarke?"

"Jenna!"

"A promise is a promise." Jenna told Clarke. "And I promised."