Go to Work - NY x READER

NY x Reader

Requester is annonymous

I can't believe I'm actially getting requests for State x Reader. That's so...... Interesting.......

---

(Let's just say you and NY were already dating and you were your legal age of consent. No, this is NOT a lemon.)

"Shit!" You screamed, hearing the alarm clock go off. Technically, it was an iPad alarm, but still. You remembered that you had spent the night at New York's, and that he always woke up early as hell, and then griped about it for a long, long time. "Oh, goodness, New York, don't set your alarm at.... Five...."

New York had to go to work at this time, you remembered. You looked at the floor, where New York had put an air mattress for himself, to see that he was still asleep. Sighing, you jumped out of bed, and onto the air mattress, and began to shake his shoulder, trying to wake him up.

"It's five in the morning..." New York complained. "Let me sleep!"

"You have to go to work," You pointed out. "I won't let you be late for work! Get up!"

"NO!!!!" He protested, although he didn't throw a huge temper tantrum about waking up, like he usually did. Usually, he thrashed around, threw his pillows around, and yelled like a banshee. But not this time.

"New York, you aren't seven years old, get out of bed and get ready for work so that your boss doesn't yell at you!" You demanded, but unfortunately, New York was so stubborn that he didn't even move.

"Please, wake up, damn it!" You said, sighing.

"But I don't feel good," New York groaned. "And I think I'm sick, and my boss is an asshole and gives me too much paperwork!"

You rolled your eyes. New York had tried that a billion times. Once, you ended up dragging him, in his pajamas, to his car, tossing him in, and threatening to set the car alight if he didn't wake up. That's how much you cared about your friends. Or.....scared.....your friends.

"I know you're lying, you tried that a kajillion times," You huffed. "Go to work before your boss comes here and threatens you." New York groaned, sighing like mad, but he got up and got ready for work. Eventually, he was out the door. You decided to sleep some more.

---A FEW HOURS LATER----

It was about ten in the morning when you awoke to your phone ringing. You identified the sound, and immediately picked up your phone, answering the caller, who you didn't know.

"Hello, is this ______________?" Someone asked.

"Yeah," You replied.

"Are you in any relationship with any of the "personifications?""

"Statalia?" You asked.

"Yep." The caller answered.

"Well, New York and I are very good friends." You admitted, not sure where the caller was headed with their conversation, or how they knew about the personifications.

"I'm calling to inform you that your friend had collapsed in the workplace," The caller said. "I'm one of his coworkers, sorry for the confusion."

"Wh-What?! Collapsed?!" You repeated, absolutely shocked by this information. "I-Is he okay? Where is he?"

"He's still here, but we called an ambulance," the coworker replied. At that second, you dashed out the door, running to where New York worked. It was a huge office building, and there was sure an ambulance there, much to your horror.

You ran up to one of the doctors, watching as two other doctors hauled New York onto an ambulance. "Ma'am," You said to the doctor. "He'll be alright, right?"

"Oh, certainly," The doctor replied, putting a hand on your shoulder. "He may be unresponsive for a little bit, but don't panic, dear, as he'll be okay in a few hours."

You sighed. There was nothing you could do now. "Okay..... Make sure he calls me when he can!"

The doctor smiled, laughing. "I will, young lady!" She said, still laughing quite a lot. 

---- A FEW HOURS LATER ----

New York had called you, much to your relief. When you answered the phone, you instantly started apologizing. "New York, are you okay?! I should have never made you get up.... Oh, I'm so, so, so, so, so sorry that that had to happen to you! Do you forgive me?"

"Don't be pathetic, _______________, it isn't your fault," New York said rather calmly on the other line. "Of course I forgive you, even though you didn't do anything, and I'm not mad."

"Good, because your car might have gotten towed." You said, knowing that that actually might be true. You hung up before he could reply. Let's just say, when he came back from the hospital the next day, he was not impressed.