Romar's Princess (Tom Riddle) 19

Tom

I awoke with a start. As I looked at my hands I realized just how real the dream had felt and threw the covers off of me. My bare feet made contact with the cool wood of the floor and I bent over, running my hands through my hair.

This was not the first dream, and I had the feeling it would not be the last. Every night for months now on end I had the exact same dream, or in some even my men that were standing behind Vanlanthierel, her father and the woman would laugh too.

I thought about it over and over again. Going back and killing them made perfect sense. How had the king known I had been planning something for my world? Or the more obvious question, who had told him?

I got up and went to bathe before everyone else got up. It was still dark outside but I knew better than to think I would be getting anymore sleep. I threw the dark green covers off of me completely and grabbed a new uniform.

For once though, I was actually looking forward to this evening. Now, I was planning something on my own. Although I did need just a little help from Professor Slughorn.

"Sir, is it true that Professor Marythought is retiring?" I asked.

"Tom, I couldn't tell you if I knew, could I? By the way, thank you for the pineapple. You're quite right, it is my favorite." Professor Slughorn said, picking up another piece of the fruit. "But how did you know?"

"Intuition."

Slughorn looked at me for a moment. It wasn't hard to see how nervous he was. And weak. "Good gracious! Is it that time already? Off you go boys, or Professor Tipit will have us all in detention!" He hurriedly said.

Everyone made their way out of the room, back to their chambers. I did not join.

I walked over to the hour glass laying on the table and lightly flicked it with my finger. The vibrating soud making and eco through the room. Professor Slughorn was pouring himself another drink, even though he had had enough already. When he heard the high pitch sound he turned to look at me, a little startled. "Look sharp, Tom! Don't want to be caught out of bed after hours." He said, trying to get rid of me. It was obvious I made him nervous. When I didn't move he asked, "Is something on your mind, Tom?"

I slowly made my way around the desk, going over the words I would need to say to butter him up. "Yes, sir. You see, I couldn't think of anyone else to go to. The other professors, well, they're not like you. They might misunderstand."

"Go on."

"I was in the library the other night, in the restricted section. And I read something rather odd about a bit of rare magic. Its called, as I understand it, a horcrux." I said. I did not miss the look of shock and horror that crossed his face. I mentally rolled my eyes at his pathetic attempt to hide it.

"I bed your pardon?"

"Horcrux. I came across the term while reading, and I didn't fully understand it."

"I'm not sure what you're reading, Tom. But this is very dark stuff. Very dark indeed." He said, as if I didn't already know.

"Which is why I came to you." I slowly said, making him feel special.

"A horcrux is an object which a person has concealed part of his soul." He said, obviously not wanting to say much more.

"But I don't understand how that works, sir."

"One splits one's soul and hides part of it in an object. By doing so you are protected should you be attacked, and your body destroyed." He was speaking lowly, as if trying to make it where I could not hear him.

"Protected?"

"Part of your soul which is hidden lives on. In other words you cannot die."

I stared for a moment, all of the possibilities running through my mind.

I cannot die.

I walked over to the fireplace, not paying attention as the flames licked at the wood. I looked down at the ring on my finger, rubbing my finger over the stone. I already knew what my first horcrux would be.

"And how does one split his soul, sir?"

"I think you already know the answer to that, Tom."

"Murder." I whispered.

"Killing rips the soul apart. It is a violation of nature." He further explained.

"Can you only split the soul once? For instance, seven." I said. I heard his sharp intake of breath.

"Seven? Merlin's beard, Tom! Isn't it bad enough to consider killing one person? To rip the soul into seven pieces!" He said, incredulously. "This is all hypothetical isn't it, Tom? Or academic?"

I turned back around, smiling at the man. "Of course, sir. It'll be our little secret." I whispered.

He didn't say anything, just stared at me for a moment. I knew, and so did he, exactly what I was going to do. But only one of us had the heart to believe it.

"I better go now. It is getting rather late." I said and turned to leave. He didn't say anything, and he never would. Professor Slughorn is a weak man, and it didn't take much to intimidate him.

~

I looked down at the lifeless face of a girl on the ground. I did not know who she was exactly, and I did not care. My job here was done.

I clutched the necklace in my hand and walked away.

I hope she will like it.

I AM HAVING SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH THIS STORY. I NEVER KNEW HOW HARD IT WOULD BE TO KEEP UP WITH A FANFICTION.

ITS HORRIBLE I KNOW AND IM SO SORRY.