Chapter 27

When they heard my scream they all came running into the room. I don’t know what was going on, but it felt like a dream. It was like I saw everything in slow motion and I was frozen, afraid to move. They pulled me away and down on a chair, their voices sounded so far away and not clear. I didn’t realize I was crying before Jane removed my tears from my cheeks and she said everything was going to be okay, it was to believe. Liam came and sat down next to me and he wrapped his arm around me to comfort me, I was not freaking out anymore but I couldn’t get a word out.

“He’s okay, Lisa. He has been drinking and he passed out because of it.”

Liam kept sitting with me. I nodded but was still shaken a little bit. I don’t know why my reaction was like this; I guess I thought something was really wrong with Harry. My first thought was: “What if I never see him again?”

“You okay?” Liam’s brown gaze was on me and I nodded and swept away the tears. Liam was so caring and sweet. He always made sure everyone was okay. I pulled myself together and took a few deep breaths.

“How’s he doing?” Liam shook his head and looked into my eyes. His face was in this worried frowns. I felt awful for Liam, he was so worried for Harry. Maybe not just for Harry, his life as well. The media always made Harry look so bad and sometimes when people keep telling you, that you are something or someone you become that person - and I felt like that was  happening with Harry. He needed a break, he needed some time off. He needed to hang out with his mates and relax and I wasn’t making it any easier for him right now.

“I’m sorry.” I sobbed. Liam looked lost and when he saw how upset I was he pulled me even closer. This was not how it was supposed to be. All the lads were so great and they didn’t deserve this; all the hate and all the paps stalking them and watching their every move. It crushed me to think that this was ruining them.

“It’s not your fault.” Liam said. Harry was passed out on the bed and the rest of the group was getting some water to Harry. I don’t understand what I was feeling, but it was typical me to overreact and cry.

“I just don’t get it.” I finally said. “It doesn’t make any sense.” My gaze was on Harry and his slowly breathe. He was okay. Liam’s arm was around my shoulder and he licked his lips. It looked like he was trying to find the right words to say. Several times he opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it again. The silence fulfilled the Harry’s room. I gasped as Harry rolled on to the side. Liam wasn’t going to say anything, but I knew the right thing to say. I took a deep breath and looked down on my lap.

“I’ll pack my stuff and go.” I said and sighed. Liam rose up. He was clearly upset. His eyebrows were up in his forehead and his mouth completely open. “Lisa, please don’t leave. It’ll only make it worse. Harry likes you here.” I shook my head and smiled.

“Liam, let’s be honest. I’ll be out of here before he wakes up.” I gave Harry one last gaze. Without even controlling it my feet moved my body. I sat down next to the sleepy Harry. I leant down and gave his cheek a peck. I didn’t just leave because it was the best thing for Harry, but also because it was the best thing for me to do at the moment. We were friends and nothing more. As I rose up and was about to walk out the room Liam and Louis were looking at me with a little smile. I blushed a little and the feeling of torn surrounded me.     

“I always catch you.” Louis smirked. I blushed again and my eyes widened. Liam looked confused at Louis and put up his finger. “What?” He asked. I rushed out of the room. Jane was standing outside and I took her arm and dragged her into my room.

“Jane, we’re going home. Don’t ask okay, I can’t talk about it but everything is okay.” As usual Jane didn’t look like she was amused. She never liked my way of controlling problems. She shook her head and without saying a word she helped me pack my bags.