Chapter 31

I found the key to my little apartment in my bag and I felt a release of frustrating leaving me as I walked inside. I threw my bags in my bedroom and walked into my kitchen. Everything looked exactly like I left it, and that didn’t bother me at all. Change was not a thing I was good at handling. As I decided to make a cup of tea, I looked out of my little kitchen window. Even though it was Saturday night in a big city everything outside was calm, and it calmed me. I loved London. I turned on the radio because a little music wouldn’t hurt. Normally I didn’t listen to the radio, but tonight I felt like it.

“The story of my life I take her home

I drive all night to keep her warm and time…

Is frozen (the story of, the story of)”

It took me a few seconds and then I realized the voices and I stopped everything I was doing. I just led the song sink in, and I felt some kind of joy filling me. My phone was in my jacket, and I realized I never replied to Louis’ text.

“To: Louis.

Hi Louis J Your song is on the radio! Actually enjoying your voice for a moment, ha x”

As I listen closely to their words, I found myself waiting for Harry’s solo. When I caught myself breathless of Harry’s voice a big knot of confusing and sadness formed itself in my stomach. Almost instantly I turned off the radio and went to bed.

* * * *

The next morning I woke to the sound of my phone buzzing. Tired I reach out for the phone without opening my eyes.

“Hello?” I mumbled scratching my eyes.

“Hey Lis, it’s me!” Instantly I knew who this voice belonged to. My dearest Will.

“Will? Hey!” I yawned. Why was he calling me in the middle of the morning - of all people he knew how much I liked to sleep to noon?

“What you’re doing Monday?” He asked. School started, and I had to work as well but we made an agreement to meet up after work. I would show him some nice neighborhoods with some apartments for him to look at. I was so excited to see Will tomorrow even though I only said goodbye to him yesterday, he was such a goof.  

5 minutes after my phone call with Will my phone buzzed again. I sighed and sat up in the bed, I wasn’t getting more sleep then. It was a text from Louis, he told me to get some manners and stop bugging him. After my shower I put on some sweats and started to unpack my stuff. As I unzipped my bag my gaze fell on my thumb. I had slept with the ring on my thumb - I took it off hoping I could forget about this curly haired boy with the green eyes, but it was like my thumb now was missing something. The ring just felt right on my finger, I decided to wear it today and take it off tomorrow.

* * *

Monday fucking morning. My vacation was over and fashion school was waiting for me. As I got up and took a quick shower, I thought about my vacation back in Holmes Chapel. I quickly changed my thoughts into something else, it had to be a positive day. As the bus drove pass houses I began to feel the London vibe again, a vibe I’ve been missing a lot. The weather was very British which meant grey and cloudy – I didn’t mind it actually. It was kind of strange to back to school, as I walked down the hallway I realized how relaxed I felt here. Only a year and then I will be done with my education.

Before I knew it the day two lessons I had today was over, and I had to rush down to the store I was an intern in. It was a busy day because people were beginning to change their wardrobe from summer to fall. Luckily I was so busy that I didn’t have time to think of Harry even once. I didn’t even think of him when I pulled down a shirt for an old woman in almost the exact same color as Harry’s eyes – even though there wasn’t any green color in this store there was as beautiful green as his eyes. Okay, I maybe I thought about him a little bit.

Will was waiting for me outside the store, and when he saw me his arms went out wide and I jumped in. His big arms surrounded me and I felt safe. Feeling wanted is the most amazing thing ever… I mean really feeling wanted by people that don’t have to want you.

“I missed you so much, Will!” I said quietly. A grin placed on his face and he pulled me back in. As we walked down the street arm in arm, I felt wanted.

“Lisa, what’s going on with you and Harry?” Will looked me straight into the eyes and took a sip of his coffee. We just sat down in a coffee shop downtown, when he asked me this question, I had no answer to. To be honest, I didn’t know what was going on.

“What do you mean?” I said playing dumb and innocent. His question caught me off guard, so I put on my best acting, well knowing my acting isn’t very qualifying. Will looked at me through his lashes and he shrugged a smile. I shook my head, and accepted that he saw right through me – or my acting skills.  

“It’s complicated.” I finally said and looked away from his gaze and down on my coffee. Oh, if he only knew how complicated it was. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

heeeey guys x it's me

sorry for the lack posting (again) :(

i really hope you liked it enough to vote for it

i promise you, i'll get better

thank you for reading this chapter, and i hope you will read the next one too

rikke x