My Promise

As Jess and her mom was walking down the street towards to Mike's house, they both heard a door open. They both stopped walking and looked where the door was opened. It was Mike. He walked out of the door with a book in his hand. 

Jess pushed her mom, "Go." Jess said. Her mom took a deep breath and walked up to Mike. Jess hid behind a bush and watched her. "U-Um, excuse me sir?" Jess mom said. Mike turned around, "Yes..?" Mike said.  "I'm sorry to bother it's just that, my boss told me to look around this town and make sure everything is going well. So i'm going to to ask you some questions." she said. "Um, why investigate this town? Seems pretty normal to me." Mike asked.

"Oh, I don't know why. My boss told me and I have to obey his orders." she said. "Hm. Oh well fine..." Mike said. Jess mom took out her notepad and got out her pencil. "Okay, first question, Christmas is coming up well in a few months, if you were under a mistletoe, and your crush is there with you...what would you do?" she asked. "Hm...I would walk quickly away from her. I don't wanna kiss my best friend..." Mike answered. "Oh! *smiles* I see...next question, are you having some problems? With like, anything?" she asked.

"Well, i'm having trouble with sleeping. You see...I have a admirer. And we met in third grade so, I can't think well on what I have to do." Mike replied. Jess mom nodded. "Okay. That's enough. Thank you! Goodnight." she said. Jess was blushing through the whole conversation.  She heard her mom running to her. "Okay! I've told the questions and...it's you! Mike is totally falling for you!" her mom said in excitement. Jess kept inhaling for 25 times. "I-I....*pant* don't know...*pant* I think...*pant* i'm gonna *pant*...pass out *pant* *passes out*" Jess said. 

On the next day, it was Saturday. Jess opened her eyes slowly and looked like she was back on her bed. She sat up and looked around. "W-What..? So tired...I guess I have to-" Jess was cut off of what happened last night. She shook her head. "No! We won't be together! Never! I have to talk to him!" Jess said. She quickly got dressed and got her shoes on. She ran out of the house to Mike's house.

*KNOCK KNOCK* Jess waited for Mike to come out. Then the door opened. "J-Jess?! What are you doing here so early?" Mike said. "We have to talk. Now." Jess said.  Mike looked confused but scared. "Okay...we're best friends right?" Jess asked. Mike nodded. "And NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING can change that right? No affect to any one of us?" Jess said. Mike agreed. "That's a promise. We're best friends on how long we live. Just best friends, nothing else. Okay?" Jess said. "But-" Mike was cut off by Jess saying "No "but"s. We are best friends. And that's final."  Jess said as she was making her way out of Mike's house. 

'Oh my god....I sure do hope Mike doesn't break the promise. But I don't know how that hug can affect his feelings...' Jess thought about.

Jess entered back in her house and stayed there for a couple of hours.  After 4 hours, her mom was screaming. "J!J!J!J!" her mom yelled. Jess quickly went over to her mom and said "What?!". Her mom handed her an envelope. "OPEN IT RIGHT NOW!" her mom said with a HUGE smile. Jess looked confused but opened it anyway. It was a card.

" I don't like this promise." the card says.

Jess just stood there. Frozen. Confused. Was this sent...by Mike?

Jess threw the card down. "That's someone else." Jess said as she was walking back to her room. "But honey, Mike needs you." her mom said. "Just for school...if we be together...it won't be the same like in the past. And I want it to be the same. " Jess answered.

"If you want it like that way, so be it." her mom patted her on the back. Jess sighed.

On Monday, Jess got ready for school and got prepared on what's gonna happen today. When Jess started walking to school, she saw Mike and Mike saw her.

"JESS!" Mike yelled. Jess sighed and stopped. "I need to talk to you." he said. "I need to go to class." Jess said as she was trying to get out of Mike's way. "Wait." "I really need to go now Mike." "Wait please?" he asked. Jess sighed. "Fine." "Okay, that promise you made on Saturday. Why did you do that?" Mike asked. "Because....I don't know. But we're keeping that promise." "If you don't know then let's break it." "No!" "Why?" "I don't know!" "Then break it!" "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!!" Jess yelled as she was running away from Mike.

On Tuesday science class came, "Okay, Jess and Mike. Jess i'm switching partners with....Jessie! Go sit next to Jessie Jess." Mr. Mick said. Jess took her books and sat next to Jessie.  "And Mike...you're partners with...Lola! Lola go sit next to Mike." Mick said. Mike fake smiled at Lola and looked at Jess. It looked like Jess was smiling and talking with Jessie (boy).  And Mike....he did NOT like it. 

After school, Mike saw Jess  and Jess talking and smiling. "Hey Jess!" Mike yelled.  Jess waved goodbye at Jessie and walked over to Mike. "Yeah?" she said. "Do you like your.."new" partner?" he asked. Jess nodded, "Oh yes! It's like we're siblings! How about your partner?" she asked. "Oh! She's very wonderful. Wanna walk home together?" Mike asked. "Oh no thanks I rather walk home with-" "Okay let's go home!" as Mike grabbed her hand and walked. 5 minutes later, "Why didn't you let me walk home with Jessie?" Jess asked. "I just thought...he'd do something to you.." Mike replied. Jess laughed. "Oh, Mike! He's my new partner. He would never do such a thing like that. Tomorrow let me walk with him okay? I'll be fine." Jess said. 'I don't think so Jess. Besides, Jessie isn't good enough for you.' Mike thought as he saw Jess walk back to her home. 

When Jess entered her house she smiled with joy and landed on the couch. "Mother...I think I fell for someone." Jess said happily. "Oh really J? Who is the lucky person?" "Jessie.." Jess replied. "He's so dreamy!" Jess said. Jess mom laughed. "Oh really? I thought you'll fall for Mike but oh well!" "Mom! You know I won't fall for him. Anyways what's for dinner?" Jess asked. "Something special." Jess mom replied.

On Wednesday, Mike walked to school and saw Jessie and Jess walking together and laughing. Mike growled and picked up a piece of rock. He threw the rock  at Jessie and saw Jessie saying "Ow!What the?" and Mike quickly walked away.

While in school, Jess was with Jessie for the WHOLE DAY.   And Jess had so much fun with him. And this grew Mike even more jealous. And he even saw both of them walk together. 'That's it...that Jessie guy has GOT TO GO. Jess is mine, AND ALWAYS WILL BE. There's got to be a way for Jessie to leave. But how?' Mike thought. But he received a disturbing thought he wish, to never think about.

On Thursday,  Mike saw Jess and Jessie walk together again. Mike can't handle this anger. He has to do something. He has to! But how? In school, math class came up. "Okay listen up people and listen well. We will be doing a math project. And this is due in October 10. You got that people? The projects will be collected by the end of the month. UNDERSTOOD?" Mrs. Lolli said. "OKAY! First group, Janie, Mick, and Stacie. Mark, Frank and Stella. Jess, Jessie and Mike. Mimmi, Nina and Lily ..." Lolli said. Jess, Jessie and Mike?  'Yes! Me and Jess are together. Now all I have to do is to get Jessie away from Jess.' Mike thought.

'But if things don't turn out well....I need some help'.