Prologue

A/N: I'm going to start doing chapter songs so please check out the YouTube video I attached and enjoy! :) The one I've attached is "I must be Dreaming" by Evanescence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Both the man of science and the man of action live always at the edge of mystery, surrounded by it." -J. Robert Oppenheimer

Jamie ran down the white hall from Alpha station to Farm station, squealing in delightful laughter as her father chased her. She screamed out when his arms wrapped around her and he picked her up, tossing her over his shoulder playfully. "This won't last Jaymes. You have to wake up now." She scrunched her brow in confusion and pulled back to look up at him. Her small hands gripped his shoulder as she pushed back to see him clearly.

"What do you mean daddy?"

He smiled a sorrowful smile at the small girl and wrapped his arms around her tighter. "This isn't real baby. Clarkey needs you to wake up and find her, okay? Can you do that for me?"

Jamie smiled a wide, toothless smile revealing her dimples and eagerly nodded, willing to do anything for her father.

The vision changed and she was now much older and surrounded by a dark and dense forest. She looked around, confused, until her eyes landed on him. Bellamy stood tall, head held high, until he turned towards her. Blood trailed down his face from his eyes and his skin was so pale it was nearly translucent. His ghostly mouth moved but the words took several seconds to reach her. "Come on Angel, time to wake up." She gasped in horror as she watched him dissolve into nothing and she was completely alone in the woods.

The scenery rapidly changed once again and now she found herself standing opposite Clarke, Jasper, and Monty in a white room with no doors or windows. They all wore solid white outfits that resembled hospital gowns with crooked, darkened smiles on their faces. "They want our blood Jamie. You have to save us." They all mumbled in unison. She arched her brow in confusion and shook her head. "I don't understand. Who wants our blood? Where are we? Where did Bellamy go?" She looked around at the white walls that surrounded her and when she returned her attention to those in front of her their eyes were wide open, frozen in fear. They were now hanging upside down from the ceiling with dozens of wires and tubes coming out of their bodies. And they were all dead.

Their corpses seemed to come to life before her eyes and they all whispered the same thing. "Wake up Jamie."