Chapter 10

"Doe," I heard a whisper. "Oh, Doeeee."

I immediately shot up and knocked heads with Caleb. He groaned and fell back. I rubbed my head.

"What the hell, Caleb!" I whimpered.

"I didn't expect you to shoot up that way," he said, chuckling.

"Dummy," I growled.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the couch," he said, grinning.

"Go awayyyyy," I mumbled, and curled up into the couch again.

"Nope, you have to wake up!" he said, smiling. "You're going out to see a movie with us, remember?"

"I remember telling you that I wasn't going to go," I said, covering my face with my hair. "So go away."

"Nope!" he said, and lifted me up bridal style.

"Caleb!" I protested.

"Time for you to go wash up," he said, "and get dressed."

"Caleb, I don't want to go to my room!" I groaned. "And besides, why are we even going so early! What time does the movie start?"

"In two hours, Doe," he said. "It's three o'clock!"

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"Yep," he said, dropping me off at the top of the stairs. "Now get ready."

"Caleb, I don't want to go--"

"Doe, for me, please," he begged. For a moment I debated how I felt. Did I want to do this? Did I want to make him happy?

"Caleb--"

"Glad you're coming! Now go get dressed." I huffed and walked away, opening the door to my room. Caleb was getting ready to go back downstairs when I stopped him.

"Wait," I said, hesitantly, looking into my room. I was haunted. My parents were ruining my life through my dreams. I no longer liked my room. I felt like they were there.

"What is it, Doe?" he asked. Him saying my name, and not the nickname he gave me, got me nervous. I guess he could really tell that I didn't feel right.

"Can you come with me into my room while I get an outfit?" I asked.

"Sure," he said, giving me a light smile. I stepped in the room and he walked down the hall, joining me in it.

My room looked the same as always. My sheets were messed up; thrown on the floor after awaking from my dream. No sign of paranormal activity. Not that there would be anyway. My mom and dad are dead and will stay dead.

I walked further and looked to the closet's mirror door. The closet was closed as always. My mom wasn't here.

I saw Caleb looking at me through the mirror, and stared at him, making sure I didn't look at myself. His colors were surrounding him which instantly comforted me. He gave me a reassuring smile. I nodded, and then walked up to the mirror door, sliding it open.

I looked through my clothes, not knowing what I wanted to wear. I didn't really care. I grabbed gray leggings, a flannel shirt, and some converse. The typical outfit. I scoffed.

"I like your flannel," he commented. I rolled my eyes.

"This whole outfit is just so... what every girl out there would wear," I replied, annoyed.

"It's hard to be different nowadays," Caleb said. "But... no matter what, you're still you. And you're pretty different."

"Aw thanks," I retorted sarcastically.