Chapter 4

ON THE SIDE IS AMBER'S PARTY DRESS :) NATE IS PLAYED BY THE SEXY BEAST ALSO KNOWN AS LEO HOWARD....BUT IF YOU WANT, HE CAN BE YOUR DREAM GUY :) IT DOESN'T MATTER TO ME! PLEASE ENJOY THIS CHAPTER THOUGH... PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE! COMMENTS ARE COOL TOO...I LOVE HEARING WHAT YA'LL HAVE TO SAY:) 

OHH AND SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING..I'VE BEEN SPENDING LIKE 9 HOURS PER DAY AT THE BAND HALL...IT'S CRAZY WHAT I DO FOR THE DRUMLINE.

STAY LOVELY XX

************************************************************************************

Chapter 4

AMBER’S POINT OF VIEW

I walked up to the house. The music was so loud that hearing myself think was starting to become a slight problem for me. I immediately grabbed onto Nate’s arm for some support. If he wasn’t there, I’m not sure what I would do. Wait, scratch that. If he weren’t here, I wouldn’t be here in the first place. The only good thing about this is that Dane was throwing this party. Maybe I’ll work up the nerve to talk to him? I guess I’ve been crushing on him for a while now. He’s just perfect to me. I can’t remember why I started to like him, I just did.  Nate guided me to the doors and I was really wishing that Lizzy were here. She always went to parties, and begged me to come along too. Honestly, I would rather go for a run or something. That’s how I work. It’s also the reason why I have no social life either. Nate, he could be popular at our school. He doesn’t know these people so once he’s away from me I know he’ll get sucked into their little world. Leave me, yah know? We walked inside to the party and there were teens everywhere. I recognized a few of them from my different classes, but I’m not on a first-name basis with anyone here, except for Nate. I know Dane, but I’m not sure if he knows who I am. “Amber,” Nate said turning to me, “If anyone hands you any kind of drink, decline it right away. I don’t want you getting drunk or anything, okay?” I nodded. They had alcohol at these parties? Isn’t that illegal? I guess these stereotypes were right. Red solo cups and drunk, dancing, teenagers. Don’t parties sound fun? The social outcast, known as the running chick, is at a party. What a thrill. I was still holding Nate’s hand and I didn’t care really. We’ve worked everything out and now everything is okay for now. “Hey Amber, I’m going to go get us some soda, don’t do anything stupid while I’m gone, okay?” I laughed at his doubt in me. I’m not a complete Idiot. I mean, I’ve heard about these kinds of parties from books. Even though I’m a teenager, I will admit that we’re pretty stupid, but too cocky to admit it. I stood by myself awkwardly when I happened to see Nate talking to some girl; she’s in one of my classes I think. Her name is Katrina, I think. She’s pretty, I guess. She’s skinny, with long brown hair. She’s also a runner, like me. You can just tell. She’s a total girly girl though. Nate pulled out a pen and scribbled something down on her hand. They talked for a while and then he came back to me with our drinks. Was I supposed to admit that I saw that little situation? Or just steer clear of it? I felt my heart do a little squeeze, I’m not sure why though, I don’t like Nate like that at all, so what’s wrong with me? I guess it’s a best friend instinct. “Hey Amber, I got you some Dr. Pepper, I hope that’s cool.” Nate said, while handing me my drink. “Uh yeah, it’s cool. So I saw you met Kat?” Was that too personal? Dang, I should’ve just left the situation alone. What if he doesn’t want to talk about that? “Oh yeah, I met her. I gave her my number, maybe I’ll ask her out soon.” He said while shrugging like it was no big deal. It really wasn’t. He’s moved on and I’m happy for him. He’s stopped thinking about me in that way. But, at the same time, I liked knowing that he liked me, you know? He obviously likes her if he’s planning to ask her out soon. I liked knowing that at least someone out there liked me, even if it was my best guy friend.  I guess I’ve gone crazy, I’ll ask Lizzy what she thinks, you know, when she gets back. She’s actually good with this kind of stuff. “Come on,” Nate said while dragging me somewhere. “Let’s go dance! It’s a slow song, you know how to do this.” I sighed. Yes, I know how to dance, but dancing with Nate would make it look like we were a couple. I mean for reals, we just became friends again after our little week break. Longest week of my life, I may add. “Fineeeeee.” I said, agreeing with him. We set down our drinks on a random table and he dragged me to the dance floor where all of the other sweaty teenagers were dancing together. I wrapped my arms around Nate’s neck and he placed his on my waist gently. “You having fun yet?” he whispered into my ear.  “Yeah, I’m glad to be back here.” I whispered back. “ But amber, you’ve never been to Dane’s house before?” He asked worriedly. “No, dummy, I meant in your arms.” I said in an obvious tone. I could hear the song that we were dancing to in the background, It sounded like Coldplay The Scientist.  (MUSIC VIDEO ON THE SIDEEE)