Chapter 17

Mason Alexander Lewis on the media...
→→→

Him Again

Chapter 17

(Nick's POV)

A deafening silence dominated the ambiance of the room. The phone was still completely attached to my ears as I decipher what I had just heard. "Skylie?" I mentally asked myself. The feeling of hearing the voice of the person you used to love – scratch that – you still love, is just so surreal.

I was snapped out of my trance as the caller – Skylar – broke the silence by speaking. "Enne?" He asked with a complete voice covered with seriousness and sincerity. Well, he is the only person who calls me 'Enne' and nobody else.

It's just that, hearing your name being spoken by a person whom you treasured and treated as a special part of your life just feels really soothing. It feels like a medicine of the most hurtful pain ever. It's like living with no worries. It's just...perfect.

But, not anymore, I am done with him even if I know it was a very big lie. Even though it hurts, it will bring nothing to make the past what it doesn't supposed to be now. It's not the Nick Leighton Lewis that he knew I was back then. It is Nick version two-point-oh.

Without even thinking of responding, I immediately end up the call and turned the phone off. I let out a deep sigh and realized that there was still someone on this room with me. And yeah, it is no other than Mason. Ughh, I can't even believe he had executed such punishable act of stupidity. Even the most stupid person will get jealous of his level of stupidity. Well, that is mean.

I turned my gaze to my big brother and glared daggers at him. He looked like he was taken off guard but still he had shown his dominating façade. "What?" He asked like nothing happened.

"What!? Did you just ask me an obvious question? What the hell are you thinking Masey? I thought you are on my side!" I let out the words with a loud voice since I can no longer control the rage that overflowed my whole body.

"I am on your side...and I will always be on your side no matter what." Mason said now responding with almost equal tone as I was.

"You think I believe your excuse? What are you even thinking Masey?" I asked him still can't believe that he just pressed a wrong button on me.

"You don't have to believe me. But all you have to do is to know that I just did the thing because..." He looked at me with a sincere expression. "...I hate seeing you hurt yourself."

"Ughhh! Masey that didn't even made me feel better." I said still with rage on my tone.

"You think I did that without even me thinking if you'll feel better or not?" He asked with a questioning look with a hint of sincerity.

"Yes, you did! You never have had thought of what I am feeling in the first place. All that you are thinking is to do stupid things on me!" I let out the words as I let rage fully take over my body. Before I could even realize the words that came out of my mouth, my mouth already did a job of its own.

"Yeah maybe you are right! I am stupid and I am the worst excuse for a brother." I can sense the guilt that was now present on me.

"I'm sorry Mason. I didn't mean it that way. It's just that I a—" He cut me off by speaking again.

"You don't have to be sorry. But I know I did my job perfectly. Because when I looked at you as Skylar spoke up on the phone, your eyes glittered and lit up like you just won a million dollars." He let out a soft chuckle at his last words, but I can still see how hurt he is from what I had just said.