Chapter 3

Skylar Dylan Matthews on the media...
→→→

Him Again

Chapter 3

(Nick's POV)

After saying goodbye to Mrs. Mathews, I directly sprinted towards the door leading outside the house. I can really sense the uncertainty of what had just happened. I am the one who must be surprised by Skylar, yes I am but not the way this is how it should be.

As I grabbed the doorknob and widely open the door, the cold December breeze greeted me. It's nearly six in the evening as I checked my wristwatch. I closed the door behind me and I let the setting sun greet me.

I walked for about two minutes until I reached the gate. I gave the house a last peek and sigh. "I hope Mrs. Mathews will be fine."

As I passed the gate, I scanned the road for an incoming ride. To my luck a taxi came into view. I put my fingers on my mouth and whistled signaling the taxi for a ride.

The taxi stopped exactly in front of me and greeted me a good day. I did the same and directed the chauffer to the location of our house. To drive home from Skylar's may take for about 15 minutes.

The atmosphere inside the car was silent. As the car passed through some famous streets I can't help but look outside the window wondering over the large mansions. I continued what I am doing my face looking outside the car with my gaze attached to the views of different trees and mountains.

For about exactly 15 minutes, the car suddenly entered a familiar neighborhood. Our house came into view and I paid the chauffer and slid out of the car.

As I walked through the pathway, realization suddenly popped in my head remembering that Mason will never be home till tomorrow. I opened the wooden door after unlocking it with my duplicate key.

I swung my bag on my left shoulder and put it on the couch. I went to the kitchen and my eyes directly fell on the fridge. I grab a transparent water bottle and gripped its opening cap. I chugged down feeling the cold water as it slid through my esophagus.

After drinking I got back to the living room and grabbed my bag and jogged towards my room which is upstairs.

I checked my phone and view some messages from mom.

Message:

Mom: Hey hon, Mason said he'll never be home till tomorrow. Remember what I told you okay? Double check everything. Take care.

As I scrolled down the message, a smile curled upon one of the side of my lip. "What does she think about me? I'm a kid? Well no, but I ain't also dull so there's no need for her to remind me." I rolled my eyes at the message and then typed my reply.

Nick: I know mom. I told him to tell you. But really I'm gonna be fine. Thanks anyway and take care too.

After replying and sending my message to my mom, I put my phone on my study table. I immediately got out of my school outfit and grabbed my towel. I went to the bathroom and looked at myself on the mirror.

I can see myself clearly on the mirror. My dark chocolate brown eyes are so dark that it can't even be recognized as to what color it is. I can't help but ask why have I gotten my mom's attributes instead of dad's. I mean it's not that bad but I really envy my brother for his height.

I groaned in annoyance and hopped on the bathtub without hesitation. I hissed from under my breath when I realized that the water is still cold. After what felt like five minutes my body already get used to the temperature of the water.