Chapter 1

Jordan P.O.V

"Hey Ma" I said as I entered the kitchen, coming home from an early morning run. 

"Hey sweetheart. How are you?" she replied as I placed a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm good, something smells good. What are you making" I said making my mom laugh

"Just a few pies, nothing crazy. I made some pastries if you want some for breakfast." she said smacking my hand away as I tried to open the oven " Get your musty hands off of my oven. How was your run babygirl?"

"It was good, woke me up a bit, but I'm gonna take a shower and go get ready for class"

"Alright" My mom says dryly as I mention the dance classes I've been taking since I was five. My mom's never cared for me dancing, its always been my aunt that's supported me throughout this whole thing. My mom's been to a couple of showcases but it's never been enough for me, I absolutely loved

"Mom why are you always so annoyed with me dancing?" I asked disappointed

"Because I don't wanna see you get hurt if this doesn't work out for you." she said honestly. "There are so many other things that you could be doing" 

"I know mom, but it's something that I love. This is the only thing I'm passionate about, the only thing that I genuinely enjoy waking up to do and I'm good at it. If you actually come to more of my shows you would know this"  I said mumbling the last part

"Alright, first of all, don't get smart. I'm your mom, not one of your little friends. And second, I' sorry, but I don't want to talk about this right now" she said getting up to remove the cakes from the oven.

"Sorry" I said before walking to the kitchen "I'm going to get ready for class"

As I went upstairs I couldn't help but wonder why my mom always got so agitated when I talk about dance. My mom's only 42, but could easily pass for my older sister. She doesn't look or act her age and she's usually cool about anything, so I can't understand why she won't loosen up to me dancing. 

"Fall back and just let me breathe. I gotta to breathe.." the voice of my favorite singer Toni Braxton sang as my phone rang. I pulled my iPhone 7 out of my tracksuit and saw my best friend's face show up on my phone.

"Wassup Moe?" I said answering the phone as her face popped up on the screen 

"Hey Jordan, I need a favor, por favor" 

"Si, que paso?

"Can you scoop me up on your way to class. Daddy took my car, and my mom is at the mall" she said rolling her eyes and I giggles

"Sure, I got you, why does Pedro have your car?" I asked as I placed my phone down onto the night stand and began to shed my clothes. I knew I was about to sweat again with going to dance class, but I didn't care, I wanted to shower before I went. 

"Jayden's car is in the shop since he crashed it, so he borrowed my dad's today,  my dad drove mine to work and I'm here" she said and I laughed because it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I don't even know how her brother still has a licence. 

"Okay, give me about 20 minutes and I'll be outside" 

"Great, thanks Jordan" she said singing again 

"You're welcome Monroe" I said singing back before she hung up. I quickly hopped into the shower and cleaned myself up. I dried off and put on some lotion before putting on some loose jeans, a white V-neck and some Nike Flyknits. I threw all my dance shoes and a pair of leggings into my duffle bag and pulled my big curly hair up into a pineapple. I ran down the stairs and and headed out the door to my black Camero.

I cruised down Townsend Drive until I pulled up to Monroe's house. I beeped twice and she came jogging out a few seconds later. 

"Hola mama" she said in her thick Spanish accent, as she leaned over and place a kiss on my cheek

"Hey doll" I said pulling out of her driveway "What's up?" 

"Nothing much, are you excited for class today?"

"Girl  yes!" I said dancing a little in my seat "You know we've been waiting for this forever" 

"I know. It's been a minute since he's actually taught classes so I'm happy we caught this when we did." 

"Yea me too."