Chapter 24

JORDAN P.O.V

"Alright, you guys have a good weekend and don't forget to start working on your term papers. This isn't something you wanna try and do the night before" My professor said  as he wrapped up the lesson. I gathered my books and my purse and walked out of class into the crisp Los Angeles weather. It was November, but it was still pretty warm, but a little breezy. As I was making my way across campus I bumped into Quincy. 

"Hey, heading home?" he asked, taking my books out of my arms 

"Aren't you such a gentleman." I said giggling "Yea, I'm about to head out. Trey asked me to come over to the studio."

"Oh, I see, I see. Never got time for little Ol' Quincy anymore" he said pouting

"Boy please, you know we always take each other out on dates"

"I know, I'm just teasing you" he said once we reached my car. "You really like him?" he asked

"I do, we finally made it official. But I think that actually made me more anxious"

"Why?"

"My past"

"You gotta let go Jo" he said grabbing my shoulders and shaking me. "I don't think he'd let that happen. He really likes you, and I doubt you have to worry about him being like an ex. Live baby girl, and whatever happens, I got your back."  

"Aww, thanks Q" I said smiling and pulling him in for a hug. 

"Don't thank me, that's what I'm supposed to do" he released me from the hug and gave me a kiss on my forehead. "Text me when you get to the studio okay?" 

"I will" I said before getting in my car

I got in my car and turned on the radio and heard Sevyn Streeter's "It Won't Stop." I turned the music up and sped off to my house. One I got in, I got a text from Trey telling me what studio he was at. It was close by, so I told him I would be there in less than an hour. I took a quick shower and threw on a black dress and placed a sweater over it, since I knew it would get colder at night. I put on some black boots and added some curls to my hair. I checked myself in the mirror one last time, took a quick picture and then headed out the door. 

Once I got to the studio, I walked inside to see Trey was in the booth, and a someone sitting at the control bed, though I wasn't sure who it was. I went to sit on a stool in the back and waved to Trey, so he would know I was there. His lips formed that perfect smile of his, "Hey baby, I'm gonna lay down this last part and then I'll be right out."  

The person at the control bed turned around to introduce himself "Hey, I'm Michael" he said reaching his hand out. 

"Jordan" I said returning the gesture. He turned back around and they recorded for another hour so I decided to take the time to start working on my term paper.   Once Trey came out the booth he came and gave me a hug and a kiss.

"I missed you" he said into my hair 

"I missed you too" I said into his chest. We hadn't really seen each other since the ALLSTAR game 2 weeks ago. Trey had promo stuff, and I was swimming up to my ears in school work. Thank God Thanksgiving's right around the corner, and the semester ends two weeks after so I could get a break. 

"What are you working on?" he asked taking a seat next to me and looking at my computer. 

"I'm writing a term paper for my African American Studies class." 

"What are you writing about?" 

"I'm actually writing about the contributions of black women in history." I said and he nodded.