Chapter 8

Jordan P.O.V 

I woke up the next morning at 5:30 and went into Mo's room to make sure she had gotten up. She was still asleep so I went and jumped on her in the bed. 

"Wake up Sleepyhead!" I said excitedly. I wasn't sure about her but I was completely excited to start working today, especially since Sean set up a showcase for us at the end of the week. 

"Get off of me" she mumbled pulling the covers over her head. 

"Come on Mo, get up. We have class in three hours." I said snatching the covers off of her. 

"So then why are you waking me up so early. I don't need three hours to get ready for practice" 

"I know" I said with a laugh "But it's rush hour so if we don't leave soon, we're gonna be late" I said before going to the closet in the room and handing her a towel. "Here, I'll make coffee" 

"Thanks" she said sluggishly before taking the stuff from me and going into the bathroom. 

"Good morning to you too hun" 

"Mhmm" she said before closing the door behind her as I laughed before leaving her room and going back to mine to take a shower. I stepped into my bathroom and turned on some music before taking a quick shower.  Once I was done, I stepped out and oiled up my skin before walking to my closet to pick out something comfortable to wear 

I threw my curly hair up into a pineapple before grabbing my dance bag and heading toward the front of the house where I found Monroe already enjoying her coffee. 

"Ready?" I asked and she nodded 

"You're not drinking any coffee?" she asked and I shook my head 

"No, I'm fine" I said as we walked out the door. 

We reached our class 15 minutes early and started stretching. Once we were all stretched and didn't see Sean we turned on some music and started to freestyle to it and I was amazed because even though most of us didn't know each other, we danced with so much chemistry. 

Once Sean came in he just started free styling with us. We did that for about an hour until we started learning some solid choreography for our showcase on Friday until 2 when practice finally ended.

"Jo, I can barely move!" Mo said as we got into the car. 

"Oh please, you know you're used to this" I said looking over to see her slouching in the passengers seat with a tired expression on her face. 

"But I can't bounce back the way I used to when I was 12" 

"Really?" I said laughing 

"Yesss" she whined  

"You're too much for me sometime" I laughed "But its too bad, it's your first time in LA with me and you're not going home to sleep, and we're not going to shop either. I know this carnival that's always open a few miles away from the house. They have funnel cake"

"Cool, we can go there" she said cheering up at the mention of her favorite snack. 

*Day of showcase*

This morning was our first showcase, and to say I was excited was an understatement. I barely slept at all lat night and of course I was up extremely early since I was just tired of not being able to even fall asleep. Kicking my legs over the side of the bed, I did a short stretch before going into the bathroom to get ready. Walking out of my room, I saw Monroe sitting on the couch on her phone and I laughed to myself 

"I guess you couldn't sleep either?" 

"Nope." she smiled. "I'm actually nervous as hell" 

"Why?" I asked as she got up from the couch and followed me out the door. She locked it behind us before falling into step with me as we walked toward the elevator

"I honestly wish I knew. I've been doing this for years, being nervous about it doesn't even make any sense" she said leaning against the wall of the elevator

"Exactly, which is why you'll be fine." I smiled reassuring her 

"Thanks bestie" 

"No problem" I said as the elevator pinged signaling we had made it to the garage. After a short drive, we made it to our rehearsal before coming back to the condo and taking some much needed naps. A few hours later I woke up to the sound of my phone going off, signaling that it was time to get ready. Too lazy to walk to her room, I sent Monroe a quick text to make sure she was awake. Once she replied that she was, I went got out the bed, turned on some music from my phone and began to get ready. 

I showered earlier before I took my nap so all I had to do was my hair and make up. After two long hours, my face was beat and my hair was in big bouncy curls. 

"Stop shaking Monroe" I laughed as I watched Monroe try to get herself ready to perform as we stood backstage. 

"Ugh, I can't" I groaned "I think I'm so nervous because this could lead to a lot of great opportunities. Opportunities that would be to die for."

"I know, but you're a great dancer. It got you here, so I'm sure you'll get tons of opportunities from this."

"You're right. I've also been thinking about something else." 

"What is it?" 

"College. I think I might wanna come out here?" 

"Really? What happened to Spellman though? Didn't you already decide to do there?" 

"Yea, but I've been in Atlanta all my life. I really like the energy out here, but I'm not sure yet. I have no choice but to go to Spellman now, but I might transfer" she shrugged and I nodded understanding where she was coming from 

"Well you know whatever you do I support you. Of course I would be happy to have you out here with me, but I want you do what you've always wanted to do at the same time. You've talked about Spellman for years" 

"Yea I know. I don't know. I still have time to think about it though. Right now I need to focus on killing this performance."

"And that you will." Just as I said that, I heard the DJ announcing that it was time for us to perform. We took our spots on the stage before Good Music's "Clique began to flow through the speakers.  When I danced it felt so right. Every move felt like it was in my blood. Once it was over the crowd went crazy. We left the stage and went back to the room all excited at how great we did. 

A few moments later Sean came to the back and told us what a great job we had done, which gained even more excitement from us. Since nobody wanted to go home just yet, Sean told us there was a party going on at a club that he would be able to get us into. Majority of us agreed to go, so we freshened up, got changed and left the performance space.