Chapter 34

Jordan P.O.V 

It's been one month since I've been out of hospital, and I was happy to say that I was doing okay. I was still troubled by some of the memories that were haunting me, but things were slowly but surely getting better. I didn't have any thoughts about me trying to take my life again and like I said at the hospital, I was extremely happy to be alive and was cherishing every moment of it. 

Despite what I was going through, I was able to finish my first semester in college with a 3.9 GPA, and was set to do another campaign for Nike, and was also given the opportunity to design my own sneaker. I was also still working at Broadway Bound Dance center, and was given the opportunity to direct my very first dance show. I was extremely thankful for how everything had turned around for me within the last month, and I owed most of it to Trey, Monroe and my family but all of the glory goes to God. 

Today was Christmas and I was currently getting ready to go to Trey's house for Christmas dinner and I was experiencing a great mixture of emotions. I was excited because I would finally be meeting his mom physically, even though we've FaceTimed countless times since I was in the hospital. I also had to give her credit for my recovery, she always sent me kind messages and bible scriptures everyday and she made sure to call me often, just to check in. I was nervous, however, because I would be meeting his whole family and I didn't know how they would react to me and I just hoped they liked me. 

I put my spray bottle filled with leave in conditioner once I was done doing my hair, before going to start my make up. I didn't want to be too extra, so I just went for a look that was really natural. Once I was done with that, I found something to put on. 

Once I was finished getting ready, I grabbed my purse and walked out into the living room where my mom and Trey were waiting

"Ready to go beautiful?" Trey asked getting up from the couch and placing a kiss on my cheek once he came up to me 

"Mhmm" I smiled  and pecked his lips before leading the way out the door with my mom right behind us.

TREY P.O.V.

I pulled into my moms drive way to see a lot of parked cars outside, I guess most of the family was here. I parked the car and walked around to open the door for Jordan and her mom.

"Thanks sweetie" Jordan's mom said

"No problem mama" I said closing the door behind her. I looked over at Jordan and I saw her looking down at her feet and twiddling her fingers.

"You okay?" I asked grabbing her hands as her mom walked off ahead of us.

"Yea. I guess I'm just a little bit nervous. I didn't know this much of your family was gonna be here. I hope they like me"

"They'll love you. They'd be crazy not to. You don't have to worry about anything, they're really sweet". I said kissing her forehead.

"Come on y'all. I'm hungry" her mom said ahead of us. I laughed and grabbed Jordan's hand pulling her to the door