Chapter 6

*Day of Flight*

"Okay, you have your set of keys to the condo?" My mom asked as she handed me my bags out of the trunk of her Escalade

"Yea, I have them." I said nodding

"Good, you know where the spare is?" she asked

"Mhmm" I nodded

"Good, the keys for the benz are in the lockbox in the office. Remember the code?" she asked 

"Yes, I remember ma." I giggled. "You don't have to worry mom, I'm gonna be fine" I said reassuring her. She was so worried about me going to LA for the summer, that I was slowly beginning to worry about how she would feel when I was gone for good in college. 

"Good. Okay I think that's it. Have fun, be safe, and call me everyday." she said 

"I will Ma." 

"Okay. I love you baby" she said giving me a hug. 

"Love you too mom" I gave her a kiss on the cheek before turning to go into the airport. I slowly but surely made my way through TSA before going to find my terminal and taking a seat as I waited for my flight. I looked down at my phone that had gone off to see an email from Sean letting us know all the details of what would be happening for the next six weeks. Since today would be our first day of arrival, he decided to give us the day off and I was slightly sad about it because I was excited to start dancing. I closed the email before taking my headphones out of my purse and putting  on some music from my phone. I had arrived extremely early to my and I was just anxious to get on the plane and be in LA already. After about 45 minute, my flight finally began to board and not too long after, the wheels were up and I was on my way to sunny LA. 

Once my flight landed, I was in the airport looking around for Monroe. She had arrived a day early, and she had been staying in a hotel for the night even though she would be living at the condo with me for the next month and a half. I told her she was welcome to take the spare key and spend the night at the condo, even if I wasn't there but she told me he didn't want to intrude. When I finally spotted her, she walked up to me with a huge smile on her face. 

"I'm so happy you're finally here" she smiled  before pulling me into a hug"These next few weeks are gonna be so fun, I can't wait to start" 

"You and me both. I was a little bummed when I saw the email that we wouldn't be starting today, but I can't lie, now that I got off that plane, I don't really wanna do much dancing. I wanna eat." I said causing her to laugh 

"Of course your fat ass wants to eat." 

"Shut up" 

"Whatever, but come on. I got a Lyft  waiting for us outside"

"Cool" I said before we started walking toward the exit. We got into the
Lyft  and I greeted the driver before Monroe began to speak again. 

"This is gonna be so fun. You know me and you are about to be out here causing trouble" she said with a smirk and I smiled back "I heard LA has so fine men" 

"Don't you have a boyfriend?" I asked and she rolled her eyes 

"What he doesn't know, won't hurt him. He likes to act up, so I can act up too." she said and I opened my mouth to say something before pursing my lip and mentally deciding against it. I know how Monroe could get when it came to talking about Miguel, and I honestly didn't want to have that conversation right now. I personally didn't understand why she was still with him, but if I said that, she would argue and I wasn't here for it today. I just wanted to enjoy my summer without any drama. 

"If you say so." I said 

"Don't worry, we'll find you a nice jawn to mess around with" she said causing me to raise an eyebrow before bursting out laughing 

"'Jawn?'" I repeated while laughing "Girl stop, that don't even sound right coming from you. You're not a Philly baby" 

"Whatever. You're just a hater" she said fanning me off and rolling her eyes and I simply shrugged 

"Never a hater sweetheart" I said still laughing slightly 

"Mhmm, sure" she said laughing as well. We continued to talk for the rest of the drive, before we finally pulled up to my house about an hour later.