Chapter 20

Jordan P.O.V 

My mom and I were at the mall just doing some simple shopping. I had been back in Atlanta for a week and I was taking time to just say goodbye to my friends and family before I left for school in a few days. Even though I was just going for school, me and my mom had talked about moving out there permanently so, other than coming home for certain holidays to see cousins or something, California would be my new home. I was having a good time shopping, but honestly, after a while I just anted to go home, especially since my mom had me out here walking around in these wedges. She was acting pretty weird today, like she was overly excited about something, and it was kind of creepy. Every ten seconds she was on her phone, and texting or "verifying plans," and to top it off she had me dressed up thinking we were actually going somewhere, only to take me to the mall. 

"Okay" she said, "It's time to go" I got my bags and followed her out the store. 

"Mom, where are we going?" I asked whining a bit 

"Don't worry about it" she said smiling. About 25 minutes later we were back at my house

"We're here" she said turning off the car

"You got me dressed up to go to the mall and then come back home?" I said with a straight face

"Just get out the car" she said. "Oh crap, I think forgot my house key" she said searching through her bag 

"I have mine" i said reaching in my bag

"No, don't worry about it, I left the back door open. Come on" I followed her to the back of my house hesitantly trying to figure out why she was being so sus. 

"SURPRISE!" I heard once we finally made it to the back yard. 

"Oh my God!" I said dropping my bags. I started to cry, mainly because everybody had scared the crap out of me.  I looked around and saw most of my family and friends in my backyard and a huge banner up that said "Congrats Grad!" 

"Aww" My mom said hugging me "Congratulations baby"

"Thanks mom" I said giving her a tight hug, I fanned my face so that my tears would dry before they fell and then I walked around to greet every body. 

I said hello to my family members and then went to go join my friends. "You knew about this?" I said as I walked up to Monroe 

"Of course I did" she said hugging me 

"Why didn't you say anything?" 

"Because your mom and I knew you would tell us not to do any of it." she said laughing "Enjoy it, and take everybody's money" 

"Now that I can do" I said laughing

I continued talking to my friends a little bit until I saw Monroe had this weird smile on her face. "Monroe, what's wrong with you?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows  

"Oh nothing" she sang and suddenly felt a pair of hands land on my face, covering my eyes. 

"What the hell?" I felt the person's hands and arms trying to figure out who it was and turned around to face them and once I saw who it was a wide smile broke out on my face. 

"Hi!" I said pulling him into a hug. "What are you doing here?" I asked holding on to him. I don't know why, but I felt the urge to cry because I was touched by the simple fact that he was here. 

"Your mom called me and told me about your graduation party and she wanted me to surprise you. I already missed your last performance in LA, I couldn't miss this"  he said as we separated slightly, but he kept his hands around my waist