Chapter 18

Jordan P.O.V

Today was Monday, and the beginning of our last week working as a whole group with Sean. We were all a little saddened by that but we were excited none the less simply because we had the opportunity. We spent the whole day rehearsing for our final showcase on Friday, which we hope will be the main part in expanding our careers as dancers. Since our last few performances, I had already been getting some calls about dancing with singers and performers during their shows in LA, I even got calls about modeling for Nike. Life was changing in so many ways and I couldn't have been more excited although I had some big decisions to make. I didn't want to go on tour with anyone because I wanted to go to college, that was important to me, but I also didn't want these opportunities to pass me by.

After rehearsal we all sat down in a circle and just talked. Since this was our last week together, I think we all felt some odd need to go extra hard. I looked over at Mo and I could tell that she was sad. She was having the time of her life here and she was trying to figure out if going back to Atlanta to attend Spellman was the right decision. Like I said, we were both being met with some amazing opportunities, but we both wanted to go to college. For me it was a little easier because I would be going to school in LA, I could be somewhat flexible since a lot of stuff happens in LA. I know she was a little bummed that she would be leaving Quincy as well, especially since she'd grown so close to him. 

After about an hour, we decided it was time to go home. I got up from the floor as everyone started leaving and went to check my bag. Once I saw my phone my face instantly lit up in response to a text from Trey. 

"Hmm, what's making you smile so much, Ms. Parker?" Mo asked coming up to me and hitting my thigh with a towel 

"Oh, nothing. Just a text from Trey" I smiled as I responded to it. "It's nice to see you though, especially since you didn't come home last night" I smirked. She went out with Quincy last night, and didn't come home and I didn't see her until I strolled into class this morning 

"Honestly, I really like him. He makes me so comfortable." 

"That's good" I smiled "I'm happy that you got your mind off Miguel." I said as I picked up my bag and walked out the door 

"Yea, I had to change my number because he wouldn't stop calling me. I guess that's another thing bothering me with going back to Atlanta, I know I'm gonna run into him, especially since he's going to Clark Atlanta." 

"You'll be fine as long as you don't let him sweet talk you. He's dirty and he isn't worth shit" I shrugged causing her to laugh  

Monroe P.O.V 

Listening to Jordan, I couldn't help but think about all the times I spent feeling sad because of Miguel. Two years of my life I was miserable because of him, and I don't understand why I could never let him go. Sometimes I get mad at myself just for allowing all that time to be wasted on him. Meeting Quincy felt so new, and I was really starting to like him but I didn't want to move to fast. I only broke up with Miguel a month ago, I felt like it was too soon to jump into another relationship.

"You're too quiet. What are you thinking about?" Jordan asked as we got into the car. 

"I don't know. I guess I'm a little scared dealing with Quincy. I really like him, but I don't wanna move too fast you know? Me and Miguel just broke up, but I really like Quincy" 

"So then if you like him, go for it babe. I feel like you should follow your heart, but remember you're gut is never wrong."

"But what if what I'm feeling is just like puppy love or something? Like maybe I only like him because I'm lonely." I said picking at my nails