Chris is gone

Luke's POV:

       I was walking around outside waiting on everyone to finish getting ready for the funeral. I still couldn't face the facts that Chris was gone. My only brother, gone. I keep wondering what I would do with my life from this point on I have no plan b at all. I was gonna move up to Nashville and pursue my small singing career and attempt to make it big. I was supposed to move up there in a week. I was supposed to move up there with Chris.

     I was deep in my thoughts until I heard Mamaw call me back into the house. "Luke come on inside now, it's mid June your probably burnin up in them slacks and your long sleeve button up. I don't want you to get heat stroke now boy, hurry on in!"

        I quickly ran in and sat down on the couch and out came Mamaw, Pa, and Kelly dressed up nicely and ready to go. We headed out the door Mama rode with Pa in his black Chevy pick up, while Kelly and I drove in my beat up blue Chevy.

    We piled outta our trucks and into the funeral home. Everyone sat down except me and Mamaw. We both slowly approached the casket, but I let Mamaw take the lead. She looked down and Chris and out a tear came rolling down her cheek. She bent down and kissed his cheek for the last time and said she loved him. I walked her back to her seat next to Pa and went back up to the casket.

     As soon as I saw him again, I could no longer hold it in, out flowed tears, I broke down as Pa came up to me and pulled me into a hug. I didn't want Chris to be gone, I wanted him here with me still.

   Once the funeral was over which lasted about an hour I stuck around and the funeral home until everyone had left. I drove myself down under the 32 bridge and stopped when I ended at the old flint river. I needed some time alone to completely process the fact that Chris has gone with the Lord and it isn't gonna change.  

     I sat at the pier we used to when we were younger and kicked off my boots, slacks, and shirt and jumped in the river. I floated on my back and relaxed and it actually helped me keep my mind off of everything going on right now. It was about already 9:00 pm at night and I was still in the river I didn't care I just wanted to be alone.

A/N
Hey y'all, it's my first time writing a book!
Hope you enjoyed the first chapter, sorry it's short!
Many more to come soon!
:)
-Trinity