Broken

Caroline's POV:

I'd just kissed my best friend who is gay may I add, in a friendly game of spin the bottle when I noticed that Easton and his buddies were shouting over a game of beer pong. I couldn't help but laugh truthfully because I was drunk but still it was funny.

Out of no where some dude pushed past me and my friend who is just kissed Justin. I didn't even acknowledge him because well I was drunk and didn't care. As the night went on I began to get tired from all the partying that was goin on.

If Luke was asleep in my bed I might as well go to sleep in his. I dragged myself up the stairs and to the 4th room on the left. It was Luke's, I was gonna knock on the door to make sure nobody was in there doing you know what.

The door swung open before I could even do so. A semi nude guy opened the door, it was Luke. I had a pit in my stomach that my heart landing in when it dropped. The girl looked like a slut and he looked like he'd just gotten some.

I stood staring at him flabbergasted before he could say a word I slapped him across the face. I was done with putting up with this shit he continues to throw at me. No more I thought to myself as I stormed off.

"Easton I need a ride home!" I said grabbing his shirt and pulling with me. When we got to my house I have him a quick kiss on the cheek and a thank you for driving me home.

I ran upstairs and packed up a bag for me. I wasn't about to stay at that house where Luke could come and go anytime he felt the need to. I needed to rent a hotel and fast before Luke strolled his little happy ass to my front door.

I drove down to a Holiday Inn that was far but not to far that I couldn't easily access my classes within a 5 mile radius. Sure it was quiet expensive and all my hard earned money went down the drain for a 2 day stay here but it kept me away from him.

I left my phone in the car because it was a Saturday 1 and 2 I don't want my phone waking me up all night from the calls I was gonna get from Luke. I slid the key into the slot and heard a click that was my cue to open the door. It didn't feel like home but I was gonna have to deal with it either way.

I crawled under the covers of the white bed and turned on the tv to paper view. Tonight's movie was Forrest Gump. My eyes slowly got heavier and heavier before I knew it I was out like a light.

Luke's POV:

Caroline stormed off but I couldn't blame her. Everything happened so fast. My face stung but I was still goin after my honey. I slid on my boots and my pants then ran out shirtless not even caring.

"Caroline!" I shouted out.

"She took off with Easton." David pointed down to the white Chevy leaving the road.

"Shit." I cussed under my breath.

I ran inside past everyone and grabbed my keys. I looked bad person and I'm not gonna lie I am for even attempting to do what I did. I just I don't know I felt a field of hurt when she kissed that guy. Then she acted like nothing even happened. If anything I should be mad but I couldn't.

I pulled into the sorority house and jogged up straight into Caroline's room not even knocking but busting through the doors. She wasn't there. I broke down I started hyperventilating, my head was spinning, I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head then everything went black. I had anxiety attack. I woke up alone 5 minutes later.

I had an ugly feeling that she was about to sleep with Easton. Angry filled me from head to toe. I ran back down to the frat house which was like a block away from the sorority. I saw Easton and I wanted to punch him so bad but I knew if I did I'd be kicked out of the frat.

Instead I went up to my room and called Caroline about a million times. I finally started up again, by that I mean crying. I'm a sensitive guy but oh well that's just who I am as a person and Caroline fully accepted that like nobody else.

The last thing I could think to do was pass by the nearest hotels so that's what I did. After looking for her car for hours I arrived at a Holiday Inn in which her Jeep was parked right besides a yellow bug. It was parked outside of one of the hotel buildings so I took a chance and knocked on every one of the doors until I came across the last one.

I banged on the red door 3 times before Caroline answered it. He expression went from sleepy to annoyed she attempted to shut the door but my boot prevented her from doing it.

"We need to talk." I said sternly.

"No I need to sleep, and you need to leave." She crossed her arms.

"Caroline." I pleaded till she finally let me in.

"You can talk all you want but I'm telling you right now Thomas Luther Bryan, I'm gonna be asleep because I'm tired of dealing with your shit today." She said crawling under the blankets. I unbuttoned my jeans and slid off my boots then laid by her.

"Get out of my bed Luke." Caroline told me.

"Not until morning." I said wrapping my arm around her. I watched her get up take her pillow and blanket from the bed and walk into the bathroom then lock the door.

"Are you serious right now?" I asked her. Now I was starting to get a little bit annoyed after chasing her all day.

Caroline's POV:

I was tired of seeing Luke all day I wanted to be alone but he won't let me. Finally I had enough and just laid in the bathtub because I was sleepy.

"Caroline Cynthia Boyer! We are discussing this right now regardless if you're sleepy or not!" He scolded through the door.

I needed to clear my mind and now was the time. I opened the door in a fast motion to see Luke standing shirtless in front of me.

"WHAT LUKE? WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT WE NEED TO SPEAK ABOUT AT 4 IN THE DAMN MORNING? THE FACT THAT YOU CHEATED ON ME TWICE IN 1 DAY, WHAT IS THAT A NEW PERSONAL RECORD OF YOURS OR SOMETHING BECAUSE ITS SURE AS HELL NOT A GODDAMN THING TO BE PROUD OF!" I shouted in his face. I saw the anger build up in his brown eyes now I was in for it.

"NO ITS THE FACT THAT BEHIND MY BACK YOUR RUNNING AROUND FUCKING KISSING GUYS LEFT AND RIGHT WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT ABOUT?" He yelled breathlessly. I've never heard Luke yell like he did right now I was scared.

"WHAT GUYS? DO YOU MEAN MY GAY FRIEND JUSTIN THAT I JUST PLAYED SPIN THE BOTTLE WITH? OR EASTON WHO JUST SIMPLY TOOK ME HOME AND HIS REWARD WAS A SIMPLE KISS ON THE CHEEK? HMM BECAUSE ID LIKE TO KNOW THOMAS!" I was telling him of with a shaky voice and tears running down my cheeks.

"what?" He asked confused.

"YES EXACTLY WHAT LUKE! THATS WHAT I FELT WHEN YOU WERE OFF MAKING OUT WITH THAT SKANKY NURSE. THATS WHAT I FELT WHEN YOU WENT OFF HAVING SEX WITH SLUTS IN YOUR FRAT ROOM! WHAT HAPPENED LUKE? WHAT HAPPENED TO US BEING FAITHFUL BECAUSE I WOULD SURE AS HELL LIKE TO KNOW." I finally slammed the door in his face and went back for sleep.

After many attempts of him trying to provoke me out of the room he finally just left to god knows where. Thankfully I got to sleep and didn't wake until 12. I stretched out in the bed then decided what I needed to do.

I got up gathered my stuff then left the hotel. I drove towards my sorority house and gathered up all of Luke's belongings. It hurt to do it but it needed to be done. The last thing I put in the box was my promise ring he'd given me and the necklace.

I pushed the box in my car and headed towards Easton's Frat house. I walked inside and mostly all of the guys were drunk sleeping off a hangover. I walked straight towards Luke's room where I proceeded to leave the box. Tears rolling down my cheeks but finally after 8 months of dating I was single.