Drunkin Mistake

Luke's POV:

Tonight me and Caroline made plans to go and hang out at Buckeyes. I was out the door by 8 wearing a dark blue short sleeve button up, black boots, black jeans and favorite E3 hat.

I went to go pick up Caroline at her house and picked up some Gatorade, and Advil for the aftermath.

I knocked on her door and Whitney answered

"Hey Whit, is Caroline here?" I asked.

"Yup, upstairs in her room, come on in." She responded.

I ran up stair to see Caroline looking at herself in the mirror. I snuck up behind her and wrapped her in a hug and kissed her neck.

"Hey baby almost ready?" I whispered in her ear.

"Yeah what about you handsome." She said turning around kissing me.

"Oh I don't know can I get one last kiss then I tell you?" I said smirking.

She kissed me again.

"Yup, I'm ready beautiful." I said then proceeded to lace our fingers together.

***

We walked into Buckeyes to see it was packed. They had slow country from a cover band playing.

I went up to the bar and ordered me and Caroline some beers as she sat down.

I brought her a Miller lite. We drank like 3 sips then decided we wanted to dance. I grabbed her hand and led the way.

About a couple of beers and shots of whiskey later Caroline was all up on me.

"I have to go to the bathroom." She said slurring her words and walking slowly.

I could tell she was beyond drunk, hell so was I. She came back not even 30 secs later.

"Hey baaaby. Wanna keep dancing?" I asked her.

"Yeah why not." She said.

She was grinding on me hard. They pulled in a Dj around 11 so the songs that we playin were faster. Just as I was leaning into kiss her, I seen someone out of the corner of my eye.

It was Caroline.

Caroline's POV:

By the time I had gotten to the bathroom my buzz was kinda fading away and a headache started rolling in.

I popped an Advil in my mouth and went back to got dance with Luke. I was having a great time.

I didn't see Luke anywhere to be found maybe he was lost in the crowd. I went and bought us 2 shots of whiskey to finish off the night and went looking for him.

I saw the back of his head and he seemed to still be dancing. I couldn't help but laugh at the fact he was dancing alone.

As I got closer I noticed he was with a girl who was grinding all over him. He'd stopped after the song finish and leaned into kiss her I just stood there and waited for him to notice me.

I was burning inside. I wanted to breakdown. He looked directly at me.

As soon as he did I took the 2 shots of whiskey in my hand a let a tear roll down my cheek. He ran towards me but I just ignored him and started walking home.

As soon as I got outside I started walking straight home, I've dealt with this 4 times and I wasn't about to do it again. Luke kept running after me trying to get my attention.

With the pace I was making I'd be home in 10 mins. A truck pulled beside me on the road. Of course it was Luke.

"Baby please let me explain it's not what you think." He said.