Spring Break

Luke's POV:

It's bout that time of year again. It's been bumper to bumper since we hit that county so I stopped and let the top down. Speakers were a bumpin little hip hop somethin, I was stirrin up a coke and crown.

Carter had his arm around his now girlfriend Whitney and mine was around Caroline. We'd been drivin from Georgia to Flordia for the past 4 hours in bathing suits. The sun had been beaming down on my yellow Bronco the whole drive.

We didn't even think about checkin in the room, we went straight for the beach. Didn't even give ice a chance to melt. Now we were just scouting our spot to were all of us could sit out and have some fun.

The girls from all of the trucks jumped out and started putting out the towels so they can tan while us guys began putting up the canopies and grills. Today was gonna be great day I could already tell. Caroline was having fun with the girls and I was the same with the guys.

I was flipping around the burgers when I felt 2 short arms wrap around my waist and a kiss being planted on my back.

"Hey." Caroline said hugging me.

"What's up?" I asked kissing her.

"Can you come swim with me? It's getting too hot to be laying out here now."

"Yeah let me just get someone to watch over the grill." I said.

"Hey Mark!" I called out.

"Yeah buddy?" He came from around the truck.

"Do me a favor and watch the grill I'm gonna go take a dip with Caroline."

"Alright but I'm warnin y'all if ya do anything sexual in them there waters, me and the buddies will getcha back later." Mark said with his deep southern drawl.

"You're so dumb Mark." I said lightly punching his back chuckling.

Caroline and I walked towards the water as it rose and dropped back down from the shoreline. Once my toes hit the wet sand I knew this water would be something to help refresh me for the whole trip. The sand gathered around my toes as I entered in the water slowly.

It was super relaxing to be in such warm yet cool waters. It did wonders to my mind. I was floating around moving my arms and kicking my feet when a sudden splash of water came rushing to my face.

"C'mon Luke we rented some jet skis!" Mike pointed toward 6 different water vehicles.

Caroline and I got on the closest one to us which happened to be a green one and set off after Mike and Lauren. I pulled the handle back and we rushed throughout the water. Both Caroline and I were wooing in excitement as little sprits of water hit our faces.

"Hey foods done!" Mark yelled from the shore.

That was music to my ears. I maneuvered the jet ski throughout the water straight to the shore. I was hungry after playin out on the jet skis. I was the first one in line ya know after the girls went because I needed food in my stomach or I'd probably die.

I made myself a plate and sat next to Caroline. Before I knew it I had scarfed down my whole burger and was due for another. I drank the last of my beer as the sun slowly began to set. In my eyes it was still enough daylight to be in the water. Caroline and I got in for the final dip of the night when I felt something brush against my leg. My face went white.