Uncle Luke

Luke's POV:

I woke up in a good mood this morning totally forgetting about last night. I rolled over to see Caroline wasn't in bed with me.

I got up and threw some basketball shorts and proceeded to the kitchen in which I found Mamaw and Pa drinking coffee.

"Boy it done look like you got your ass whooped." Pa said looking at me.

Mamaw slapped him in the arm and yelled
"Tommy!"

"Thomas Luther come over here so I can take a better look at ya." Mamaw said.

I was really confused for a second then realized what had happened lastnight.

"Now tell me what happened?" Mamaw said putting ice on my eye.

"Ow! Well some guy was trying to grab at Caroline and wouldn't leave her alone." I said quietly.

"Well he sure did get ya good Thomas!" Pa said laughing.

"Tommy stop it now our poor boys injured here and all ya keep doin is making fun of his stung bumble bee looking eye." Mamaw said sternly.

"I'm fine Mamaw, no need you to defend me I'm a man." I told her.

"Luke I think I outta by the looks of that swelled up purple egg covering that brown eye of yours." She said trying not to chuckle.

"Where's Caroline?" I asked Mamaw.

"In the shower I believe." She said back.

I gathered my clothes and walked to the shower when I heard the bathroom door open.

"Mornin Baby." I said kissing Caroline on the cheek.

"Morning Luke, feeling better yet?" She asked.

"My eye kinda hurts but I think I'll live." I said kissing her before closing the bathroom door.

When I had gotten outta the shower I noticed everyone was wearing swimming clothes.

"What's goin on?" I asked Mamaw.

"We all thought we'd have a lazy day spent out by the Flint river. That way y'all can be out on boats swimmin while me and Pa get a day off from workin." She said.

"Alrighty lemme go change then." I said running back into my room.

I came back wearing some black swim trucks and a white v neck.

"Let's get goin." Pa said.

"Me and Caroline will ride in the bed so we won't have to take 2 trucks." I told Pa.

"Alrighty then Luke just hold on to her ya don't want that pretty little face of hers to get all scratched up now." He said smiling at Caroline.

"Don't worry I won't be letting go of her." I said kissing her forehead.

The whole ride there Caroline was clinging on me for dear life. I let her because I loved when she was cuddled up to me. I felt like we were all safe.

The truck stopped and me and Pa set up a tarp over our lawn chairs and yeti.

I unlatched the boat from the truck and helped Caroline in. She threw her cutoffs and shirt to the side revealing her bikini.