Faltering

Genre- ?? Friendship/ slightly angst

He referred love to an adjective. He said that it describes the things around us- particularly life. I, on the other hand, without telling him, referred love to a verb. Love without action is merely a word.

Those would have been the normal days where he would lie on my lap ever so comfortable and tell me his beliefs in love. For me, he was love. He was certainly my definition.

We were best friends since we were on diapers.He taught me how to ride a bike- telling me it's okay to fall and he will be there to catch me, he taught me how to be happy- buying me ice cream whenever I'm sad; telling me that happiness is not a destination but rather a journey. And yes, he taught he how to love.

The problem is, I fell for him. I fell for him way too hard to the point that I can't stand on my own two feet. And I know... I know that it was completely hopeless. He was crushing on the most perfect girl in our school, an eptiome of beauty- a complete opposite of what I am. To think worst, he was crusing on my friend.

Who is he? He's Jeon Jungkook. Yes, the Jeon Jungkook. You probably heard of him somewhere; I wouldn't be surprised. He just seems so amazing... perfect and inexplicable.

He can make me smile like there's no tomorrow. He can make me cry like the world is about to end. He can make me do anything- like I'm a robot and he has the remote to my functions.

I remember everything he told me. "Never let the world tear you down. Show them your the boss." He would tell those words to me whenever I'm degrading myself. He would repeat it to me to the point that those words that seemed to be carved in my heart had became scars that I don't want to heal. Because that would be complicated.

I think it started when we were in primary school. He always said that love is a strong word. It was easy, yet hard. And yes, it was pretty much complicated to interpret and apply. But still, he was the source of my wisdom. The words me heart and mind pours out were all originated from the words in his dictionary.

I smiled to myself, playing with the straw in my Americano as I recalled how it happened.

"Yah~!" He whined like a child.

"You! How dare you?!"

"What did I do this time?" His pout was still effectiv- simmering my anger down even if I was beyond mad. He was rather oblivious to realise it.

"You, what did you told Taehyung?!" I asked, angry.

"Oh... That." Jungkook smirked. He said those two seductive words in such coolness that I was trying to stop my legs from feeling jelly. I swear this boy would be the death of me.

"It's not funny, Jungkook!" He told Taehyung that I have a crush on him. Which turned out weird because at the end of school- Taehyung handed me a rose saying that he appreciated it but he wasn't ready yet because he was still young and such- and I was standing there looking like a total idiot, having no idea what he was talking about.

"Fine, fine. I'll treat you some ice cream." He said nonchalantly. I looked at him in disappointment. I wonder when he would realize that I was looking at him and not his best friend.

"Sorry Jae." He cooed before leaning over and giving me a sloppy kiss. On the cheek. Jeon Jungkook, just kill me already.

Call me crazy but that's when my heart started beating so fast like I've just finished a world marathon.

I think the feeling deepened when we entered high school. He was just a fresh man, he was still in his first year when he fell in love. When he saw her he was speechless. Beauty, he said. Irony it was when I can hear shatters of what seems like glass. That was when he was breaking my heart unknowingly, seconds after seconds.