Only minutes lefts🌼

Genre- angst

You're in your room listening to some music while you're doing your 2nd year anniversary present for Jungkook. Both of you have been dating since elementary school and it's cute how people see you as siblings rather than a couple. Both of you are completely two opposite worlds. Jungkook is very shy and quiet, while you're somehow loud and outgoing. Jungkook is very serious at times but you're still playful and bubbly. You're not as tall and skinny like the other girls in school. You're very small and dainty. But you're not too short, just the perfect height for Jungkook. While you were carving out your present, you heard a knock on the door.

"Kim [Y/N] open the door please." The familiar raspy voice you've always heard since you were young. It was your mother. You turned to walk to the door and you opened it slowly. It was rather an unfamiliar sight to see. Her eyes were red, her cheeks were soaked.

"Eomma? What happened?" you held her hand and gave her a hug. She tried to spit out the words but was muffled by her sobs. "J-jungkook.." she whispered lightly. Your eyes widened and retreat from the hug. "What about him.. eomma?" your legs almost shaking, nervous for the answer. "He's in the hospital, he fell from the staircase." Your heart felt uneasy, your ears were deafened by the multiple questions running through your head. You quickly took your coat and belongings. "Eomma we have to go.. We have to go eomma!" you almost shouted, your mom startled but she reacted quickly and she too grabbed her belongings and the both of you left.

You arrived at the hospital running through the doors to reach the emergency room. You see her sister, Jeon Ji Yoon and ran to her. "Unnie!" you grabbed her arms. She turned sighing in relief that you finally made it. She pulled in for a hug, soaking your coat with her tears. You needed answers, so you retreated from it.

"Tell me what happened.." you spoke softly. " He.. hit his head and the doctor said that he might had a serious migraine at that time. His vision might be blur, but we're still in doubt." She spoke in a monotonous tone. Her eyes were droopy and it was full of regret. "I should've accompanied him down.." she looked down and she cried even harder.

Behind her was a glass panel and you could see a small opening from the curtains. Your eyes were locked when you his face, eyes shut with a gas mask.

You waited forever for the doctor's reply about his condition. Finally when he came out, your heart raced to find out his condition

"Good evening. I'm Doctor Chung. It's true that Jungkook might have occurred a severe migraine for the past few months and we have found out that he has brain tumour. I'm very sorry to say this, but he has already reached Stage 4. It's very critical and we cannot do anything about it, it's already spread rapidly. I'm sad to say, he only has 2 months left."

The words hit you like burning flames. You felt like screaming, shouting but you couldn't. His family members were crying hard. You remained quiet. Absorbing every word the doctor said. You pinched yourself, knowing that this is all a dream. A nightmare soon to be gone. You could feel your heart beating so fast, it could stop anytime due to the pressure of emotions building up in you. 

~

You sat at the bench, waiting for your food to be packed. It's Day 25 after the incident. You and Jungkook try to spend as many times together. You would visit Jungkook after 3, but before that, you would always make a stop at his favourite porridge shop. The ahjumma is familiar with you and Jungkook. She would always mix with Jungkook's favourite toppings.

"Here you go, love." Said the ahjumma softly. Her wrinkled fingers were bent but it was soft. By the looks of it, you can tell she's very hardworking. She would give a cup of tea and a small bouquet of flowers she picked from her garden.