Because I need you

_____’s POV:

        As I sat down with him, memories of us brought me back together from the disaster of a life I’ve been living. Without him, I was like puzzle pieces broken and smashed by a kid who didn’t have the patience to put them together. I was that kid and somehow, I transformed to those puzzles. How sad that I couldn’t live in this moment sooner. How sad.

~~~

        “_____-ah?” I heard him whisper. I turned my head to the side, feeling the softness of the white quilt touch my cheek.

        “Mhm?” Humming a reply to him.

        “Are you okay?” He asked me. Why wouldn’t I be?

        “I’m fine, my darling. What are you doing awake?” I asked back. It was about 7 in the morning and I was in no mood to get up to go to work.

        “Nothing, it’s just that you’ve been so quiet these past few days and… I know its early but…” I felt my face crumple into confusion. These past days I have been silent more than I usually am and I know it’s been bugging him but can you blame me? My mother just passed away and my father is nowhere to be seen. I couldn’t continue my education so I ended up graduating with a bachelors’ degree. Compare me to Jungkook and you’ll clearly see that he was more successful than I. Him being in BTS and graduating from school has to be the biggest achievements of his life and I have a feeling there’s more to come.

        “But what?” I whispered to him, sitting up and not daring to look at him just yet; as I got more silent, I noticed he got more worried. He always looked at me as if I was going to cry at any moment. As if I was going to turn into something I never was. He looked at me like I was a tiger, watching my every move to be prepared so I wouldn’t snap at anything in sight. I’m sure he has gotten tired of me, but I don’t want him to say those words I never wanted to hear in my life.

        “Nothing… Never mind. I’m going to go back to sleep now, okay?” I just nodded my head. I got up from the bed, a frail sheet covering my half-naked body to the bathroom. I could still feel his eyes burning a hole through my back; judging my every move.

        Once I got inside the bathroom, I locked the door and dropped my sheets down from against my body. I studied myself; I studied the way I looked: my collar bones jutted out as if I was about to die but that was the only thing that was visible- everything else was average. I looked at my stomach, it was flat but it wasn’t a chubby tummy either. I looked at my legs, they weren’t skinny but they weren’t fat either. I studied my hair and I was fine with my hair. Although it was a mess, it was in a pretty good condition. Why does Jungkook continue to live here? With me? He can do so much better and yet he decides to be with me. So many girls are willing to marry him, and he wants to marry me. Why is that? There are girls prettier than me, and he’s stuck with me. I looked down at my feet and noticed that a tear of mine splashed down on the floor.

        “Jungkook… Why? Why do you continue to be with me? I’m nothing special. You’re better-”

Knock, knock.

“Yeah?” I answered.

 “Baby, can I come in?” He whispered. I sighed and brought the sheets that were on the floor back to cover my body. I opened the door and that’s when I realized I didn’t wash my face- my eyes were probably red right now. “Tell me what’s wrong. Right now, _____. I don’t care what it is, I need to know.” I shook my head. I’m not being childish, I’m being a brat. How great.

        “Just stop. I want to take a shower-”

        “No.”

        “Jungkook!” I yelled when he pushed me with him inside the bathroom and locked the door. Now what’s the point of locking the door if it’s just him and I living in a one bedroom apartment?